CO Unit 82, Looking for any info!

Elkhntr08

WKR
IMO, anyone dumb enough to head out to Colorado and follow those directions, deserves what they get. Or don’t get.

Gobbler36

WKR
I get the disgust evident here about divulging specific info but does anyone else detect the irony and a tad of hypocrisy on this issue?By and large the 'community' endorses and praises Youtubers etc that urge the 'public' to 'come on out,anyone can do this' and also supports companies that sell tactics/gear and even VERY specific maps on where,how and when?Info right down to roads,campsites,access spots,yet we T off on an individual here.
If your eyes are open,and you are upset about 'creep' now,god help you and the 'public' lands in the future.

What an Effin moron! I’d be emailing mods to get that taken off lol
But yes I completely agree with the above post also. Tired of the YouTube bombardment of this is your land everyone come on out and hunt. Really bodes well for quality hunts, tag availability, and wildlife management

People ripping this guy don't understand the nature of 82 and the San Luis Valley. It's an absolute crap shoot on where the elk will be and the mountains can only be hunted in draws you have to commit to in order to go deep. All homeboy really did was provide a glassing point and the public access Info on how to get there. 82 is riddled with private land and misleading google maps directions. That GMU is also very narrow and long and one of the only GMUs that's also its own DAU.

Last edited:
Incredibly tough unit physically no matter how you hunt it. If you had permission on some private crop grounds late in the year, you'd be set, otherwise you better get in shape and be prepared to hike.