entire San Juan forest in southern CO closed to all use due to fires

njdoxie

WKR
Hope this resolves before hunting season or there will be mass chaos in those units. Fortunately, I don't hunt in the San Juan forest or I'd be real worried. I'm already a little worried b/c I hunt not too far from there and I have no stomach for showing up at a new unit.

Last edited:
Wow that is unfortunate. If they're closed this season the over flow OTC traffic will be massive in the units surrounding it

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, following hat fire closely. I am going there for 1st Rifle. If worse comes to worse, I have plan B in Idaho.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Hope this resolves before hunting season or there will be mass chaos in those units.

Actually there wouldn't be any chaos in those units.......they'd be closed.;)

If they don't get enough rain this summer to soak it and put those fires out, I don't think I would have wanted to hunt there anyway. It's just way too dry. The whole state is hurting for moisture. They just did a special on the news last night with all the low water around the state right after what run-off we had. This better be a heck of a winter this coming year, or more than just Colorado will be hurting.

rayporter

WKR
I remember many years ago a drought that had the reservoirs very low. the one above creed looked like a puddle.
it was scary dry that year also.