5 PPs.... Would ya shoot?

cnelk

WKR
I got this pic on one of my trail cams a couple years ago in an OTC unit.
Its probably a given that most would shoot this bull in an OTC unit... But...

Would you shoot this bull when you drew a tag that took 5 PPs?

Attachments

• Elk_5PPs.jpg
    Elk_5PPs.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 488

Ucsdryder

WKR
Brad, don’t ask dumb questions!

(Coming from the guy that loves eating elk meat and not tags)

Brad, don’t ask dumb questions!

(Coming from the guy that loves eating elk meat and not tags)

Classic Brad.

I am of the opinion that points don't necessarily buy bigger animals but maybe just a better hunt in the form of less pressure. I would shoot it with more than 5 pp's. I have never killed a decent elk though and am not a trophy hunter. I would not expect someone with a wall full of 6 pt elk to shoot that elk in an OTC unit. Different goals.

Jbehredt

WKR
DRT. I’ve haven’t hunted anything but otc in many moons though so take that with a grain of salt.

Seeing as most don't ever get a shot at anything while Elk hunting, I'd guess most would shoot that bull, especially with an archery permit.

I DID use 7PP’s on an elk tag this year... I would smoke that bull with my recurve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
Decent, young bull. It would depend totally on the area and how I felt that day but probably would shoot him.

No. I have seen better in OTC and passed up bigger bulls when I drew a tag with 6 points. If I'm just looking to kill an elk I go otc or hunt cows. If I'm using points I'm trying to kill a better bull then I can kill otc. Honestly I would rather see someone pass up that bull and shoot a rag 5. Looks like a young bull with decent genetics to me.