Quality private land hunt

tbarile

FNG
I made a bet with a friend and now it’s time for him to pay up with a private land elk hunt with rifle. We don’t have any points anywhere so we are looking for a quality hunt 7-8k that doesn’t require points. Any recommendations out there? Thanks for your help.

Rdog

FNG
There is Broadmouth Canyon ranch in Utah or Idaho. I have no personal experience with them or know much about them but I do know they offer guaranteed hunts. The bigger the bull you want, the more you pay. it is $6400 plus license for a bull up to 330 and $8400 plus license for a bull 330-360.

Wapiti1

WKR
Broadmouth is a high fence setup in both their Utah and Idaho locations. A friend of mine went to their Idaho ranch. He had fun and shot a 400" class bull. Beautiful animal. Made him happy. Closest he will ever get to an elk, so it worked for him. Not my cup O tea. Not judging, just making sure people know what they are looking at.

If it says guaranteed, it is not fair chase.

Jeremy

OP
T

tbarile

FNG
Broadmouth is a high fence setup in both their Utah and Idaho locations. A friend of mine went to their Idaho ranch. He had fun and shot a 400" class bull. Beautiful animal. Made him happy. Closest he will ever get to an elk, so it worked for him. Not my cup O tea. Not judging, just making sure people know what they are looking at.

If it says guaranteed, it is not fair chase.

Jeremy

I’m not into high fence either but it appears they also have 25,000 acres of land they lease for free range.

NDGuy

WKR
Holy schnikees Batman. What did you guys bet on that someone would throw away 8k on? lol

WRO

WKR
I made a bet with a friend and now it’s time for him to pay up with a private land elk hunt with rifle. We don’t have any points anywhere so we are looking for a quality hunt 7-8k that doesn’t require points. Any recommendations out there? Thanks for your help.

John Coles or Cody Cole in Oregon, great success rate on 280 type bulls, been in business for 30+ years and have guaranteed tags.

Sheep Mountain Outftters in and Hunt Oregon (not oregon hunts) have the same type of hunts available as well. I'd have no issue sending anyone to those outfits.

OP
T

tbarile

FNG
Any other recommendations? Still looking for a quality hunt.

Rifle
Fair chase
Wilderness style (not country club, would love to horseback in)
Any state
High success of 270+ bull

Thanks

OP
T

tbarile

FNG
How about a DIY hunt on the Public Land Ranch? About as quality as it gets, imo.

I would like a higher success rate than me and my buddy trying to track down where the elk are. I've only been once and he's been twice. We are midwest whitetail hunters.

Riles1050

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly if that’s what you are looking for I think your best bet would be to use a professional service. I’ve heard good things about outdoor international and steve outdoor adventures. They’ll have way more connections and be able to put you with exactly the type of outfitter and hunt you want. I don’t believe it adds any expense to use them as your “hunt agent” either.