Montana 215

Went with the big game combo in Montana for 2018 archery and we’re looking into the HD 215 area, but it looks tough to get away from roads. Can’t seem to find a decent forest service map online as I’m from MN. Heading out there the end of July to get some boots on the ground and was wondering if anyone had any light they’d be willing to shed to make more efficient use of my few days to scout? Thanks in advance!

I live in Butte, pretty much butts right up next to 215. FYI 215 has shoulder and damage hunting going on starting in August, which means rifle shots into large herds of elk. Really puts a damper on the bugle. Most of the elk are on the southern part of 215, on private land. As you go north from there, 215 is pretty cool country...but.....countless ATV trails. So, yes, elk are all over montana, but those are the reasons I choose not to hunt 215.

OP
B
Shoulder season is only done on private land correct? There isn’t an atv traffic allowed on the continental divide trail is there?

Deano2525

FNG
Hey just wondering how your Montana archery hunt went? I’m going there this week for the first time. Any tips?

Deano2525

FNG
No shit asshole. That’s what a forum is for information. I don’t spend any time on any forum. And this is why. People like you who instantly attack a guy for asking a question.

Thanks

Trr15

WKR
No shit asshole. That’s what a forum is for information. I don’t spend any time on any forum. And this is why. People like you who instantly attack a guy for asking a question.

Thanks

I’m guessing there isn’t a single person on this forum, other than you, that would interpret that comment as an attack. Please take your 5 posts and your hypersensitive bs elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregB

WKR

Thanks
I was trying to let you know not to expect to hear from the OP. I think you misunderstand what the forum is for. It is for people to be contributing members and share info, not to get some free info and never give anything back. I'm sure with your positive attitude you will get tons of help, good luck.

amassi

WKR
Whoa someone looking for a safe space and didnt read the trigger warnings.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
I live in the 215 hunt area, around Elliston/Avon.

I'd be glad to help you out....not

cjadams25

FNG
I've got my dad in town. He's a non resident and this is our last weekend for him to tag a bull. We've been hunting around Big Sky with no luck and the terrain makes it hard for him to keep up. Just thought I'd hop on here and see if anyone had any insight to hunting 215. We're just looking for a legal bull to fill his tag. I'll probably end up tagging a cow this year as I'm mainly a meat hunter. Thanks for any advice. I'm located in Belgrade by the way.