Iron Will Broadheads for Elk

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Iron Will Broadheads were designed for maximum penetration on elk. Our .062" thick A2 steel blades retain extremely sharp edges through hide, bone, and tissue keeping the cutting force low and maximizing penetration. Unlike most broadheads where sales are driven by whitetail hunters, a majority of the people who bought our broadheads last year were hunting elk. If you killed an elk with Iron Will broadheads, please post a picture; we would love to see the results. I'll add a few also and here is one from co-founder Eric Whiting.

eric_elk.jpg

2fa8d25988f6b1ecfb1b7e3fe2996f61.jpg

30cb54c86dc3f2fc77698a6b29a58b00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LWC

FNG
Great bull JT. Think I heard your podcast about the hunt last year.
I bought some IW 125 solids to try on an elk hunt this year. Can't wait!

rcairney

FNG
I just bought some 200 vented to try out. Not sure if I took this whole FOC things to an extreme.... but I guess I will only learn if I try.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought some 200 vented to try out. Not sure if I took this whole FOC things to an extreme.... but I guess I will only learn if I try.

As long as you have a stiff enough spin and can get up to about 270 FPS you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
View attachment 74620

"I found out about Iron Will Broadheads while I was browsing Bowsite.com. I went to their website and read all about their heads and the materials they used. I was a machinist for 30 years and I know that the steel they chose is second to none for hardness and holding an edge. I ordered a 3 pack of the 125 grain heads. I took one head and used it for practice as I will shoot nothing but broadheads when I have an upcoming hunt. I shot this one head close to one hundred times into a Reinhart broadhead target. It was still really sharp but I put it to a leather strop and after a couple of minutes it was shaving hair. This was the very same head that I shot my bull elk with. Now I have been a bowhunter for longer than I can remember and I have killed many different animals with my bow, but never have I seen such a blood trail. I knew right then we would find my elk. I am color blind and normally I really need help tracking an animal. Even though I had a guide with me I could have followed this trail as it was enormous. Some guys will spend thousands of dollars and try to save money by purchasing inexpensive broadheads. Not me! Iron Will Broadheads will always be in my quiver and my first choice for hunting." Alan S.

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A lot of bulls fell to Iron Will broadheads in the past month. I'll post a few photos. Feel free to add your own results.

BKhunter

WKR
I believe in quality and that is why i am interested in these heads. i like the fact I can practice with them and sharpen them and go hunt. Are these over kill for white tails though? I like to hunt everything and hunt mostly whitetails but would like to have the same consistent setup.

BK

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
BKhunter, a lot of guys use Iron Will broadheads for whitetails. Between my four brothers and I we have taken about 100. Pretty much any shot, any angle, it's going through a whitetail in our experience. The ability to make it through bone, stay sharp, and cut tissue all the way through is desirable for any big game animal in my opinion. Also, bigger, older bucks have much larger bones than younger bucks and I know several guys who have switched to more durable broadheads for this reason.

Bull Elk 2018 by brian holcombe, on Flickr

This guy went down on a 125g vented Iron Will broadhead at 40 yards last month. I hit him low on my first shot and he moved forward two steps. I put my second arrow in his heart and found him 20 yards away. Thank you, Bill and Eric!

Last edited:

ElkNut1

WKR
Yes sir, nice bull.

Bill, are the bleeders any bigger on the 125 grain heads over the 100 grains, thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

geriggs

WKR
Awesome head

I cant say enough about these heads. I made a poor shot this year on a 5x5 bull and he whirled away from me at the shot. Arrow went in through the back of ham all the way into chest cavity. I did hit the femoral artery (better to be lucky then good sometimes)....but i was only shooting 60lbs and 425 gr total arrow weight. My buddy and i couldnt believe how much penetration i got. Only went 100 yards....would have only gone 50 but we bumped him after 15 min and he didnt make it another 60 maybe. Great heads and i will be shooting them for years to come. By the way the best blood trail i have ever seen.....im guessing because of the artery hit.

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Congrats on the bulls Brian & geriggs!

ElkNut/Paul, the bleeders are the same in all of our broadheads. They are 3/4" wide.