Montana HD 300 ARCHERY

Looking for a little bit of info for this area for elk bow season. has anyone archery hunted here? how full of people? elk talk action? how far do I have to go to get away from people...etc

Bulldawg

WKR
There's 3 bulls in the unit, one's a decent 6 point, another is a 2 year old 4 point, and the last one is a PIG!
You'll probably have a hard time finding them, but when you do they bugle 36 times between 5:30 and 9:30 from September 6-September 17, then things get weird and they change their habits, I personally think they leave the unit but I don't know for sure. If you're looking to get away from people I would advise planning a 20 mile one way hike, people these days are tough and will go anywhere!!! Good luck buddy!

Looking for a little bit of info for this area for elk bow season. has anyone archery hunted here? how full of people? elk talk action? how far do I have to go to get away from people...etc

We hunted the area last year and while the chase was good, it’s hard to get away from people. Many hunters from Idaho come in from the other side to hunt Montana. So you may think by starting at a trailhead in Montana you’ll be by yourself after hiking 3 miles in only to see someone in your “spot” that only hiked in 1/2 mile by coming from Idaho. We got like 2-3 feet of snow the second week of the season and everything went quiet the days following the storm and never really rebounded fully following the rest of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSP277

WKR
75.21180, -104.46771. Top secretGiant Bull honey hole. Always had really good luck here. Never ran into a soul. But prefer unit 36 or would try 807.

sneaky

"DADDY"
That's a lie. There's 4 bulls in that unit. Don't short change him.
There's 3 bulls in the unit, one's a decent 6 point, another is a 2 year old 4 point, and the last one is a PIG!
You'll probably have a hard time finding them, but when you do they bugle 36 times between 5:30 and 9:30 from September 6-September 17, then things get weird and they change their habits, I personally think they leave the unit but I don't know for sure. If you're looking to get away from people I would advise planning a 20 mile one way hike, people these days are tough and will go anywhere!!! Good luck buddy!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk