Rokslider input

outdoor hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Great stuff guys! This is no lip service. We are listening. This is YOUR website.

Swat, I have been thinking about something like that for awhile. That's a worth/time dilemma.

Articles once a week will happen after

I like the idea of having a special guests.

I love the idea of gear review. If and when rok slide decides to do reviews. Please be sure not to be bias towards sponsors/advertisers and visa versa.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Plus one on the guest writers idea.

A place for us to post gear weights etc, kind of database would be awesome.

I haven't looked at the forum list and thought of anything that I would add right at the moment.

ST52v

WKR
My brother and I love this forum!!! Being flatlanders, we would love to see GE pics with areas labeled so we could have a better idea of what we are looking at. Maamybe , picks of the same area in topo form for comparisons. Being able to scout effectively from the east would be priceless. We are also tecnology challenged so any info regarding that would be good. Things like adding layers to GE, getting the most from huntinggpsmaps, and posting pics. I have tried to post pics for a week and can't get it figured out. I have a droid and have the photo bucket app. I did get my pics uploaded to photo bucket and now I am stuck. I can't seem to figure out how to get them to rokslide. Sreekers , this post would apply to your blog idea.

Since this is a place that many of us send people, or people come to themselves, who are new to mountain/backcountry hunting, having a forum for Newbies would be a useful/valuable feature. I know that newbies can post their questions in any of the sub-forums but a specific place for them to go would be useful for them...OR, the newbie forum could be a archive (a collection of links to existing threads) of information for people who are getting started in mountain/backcountry hunting. TradGang has something like that for its most popular threads, but they actually move the threads there, I am suggesting we create a forum with links to the threads so they can stay where they started.

Since this is a place that many of us send people, or people come to themselves, who are new to mountain/backcountry hunting, having a forum for Newbies would be a useful/valuable feature. I know that newbies can post their questions in any of the sub-forums but a specific place for them to go would be useful for them...OR, the newbie forum could be a archive (a collection of links to existing threads) of information for people who are getting started in mountain/backcountry hunting. TradGang has something like that for its most popular threads, but they actually move the threads there, I am suggesting we create a forum with links to the threads so they can stay where they started.

^ this is a great idea, might save some of our high profile prostaff and users from some of the basic pm's and threads that have been indepthly covered

ST52v

WKR
Thanks Ryan!! I'll call you when I get a chance. Im heading to my daughter's soccer game and then into work for 12 hours starting at 7 pm.

some members on here get lots of pm's with very basic questions that could be answered on their own very quickly. the high profile prostaff was just kind of a joke following the prostaff thread

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
I think a hunt swap thread would be cool. I don't now what others opinions are on this, but I see it as a mutually beneficial opportunity. Example: I live in th PNW with tons of good mountain bear hunting opportunities. Many others on this site live in the Midwest. I'd trade a trophy bear hunt for a quality white tail hunt. It's only an example, but the point is that rokslide has evolved into a good resourse pool. Many hunters could use this to broaden their skillset and see new country.

OBP

WKR
I think a hunt swap thread would be cool. I don't now what others opinions are on this, but I see it as a mutually beneficial opportunity. Example: I live in th PNW with tons of good mountain bear hunting opportunities. Many others on this site live in the Midwest. I'd trade a trophy bear hunt for a quality white tail hunt. It's only an example, but the point is that rokslide has evolved into a good resourse pool. Many hunters could use this to broaden their skillset and see new country.

Agreed, this is a great idea.

hey Ryan, i had to ask on this thread because im having a strange problem. if i try to start a new thread im told that im 3 characters to short. no matter the what i type. heard of this? do i have something set wrong?

Liljozie495

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide TV show... Tired of watching these tree stand white tail hunters... Haha jus sayin! No offense to those guys but when that's all that's on for hrs on end it gets old.