Ratings

Because RS has such busy classified advertising sections and given the countless items being sold here weekly, wouldn't it be sensible to replace the good/bad guy list with a ratings section like Calguns, Ebay and other sites utilize. That way everyone can see how many transactions a buyer or seller has done and what the other members thought of em. Does anyone take the time to look thru that good guy list? No...nobody. That bloody thread is endless. I wouldn't suggest this if I didn't think the volume of sales from the classified sections warranted this. Worth a look anyway. JMO

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Because RS has such busy classified advertising and given the countless items being sold here weekly, wouldn't it be sensible to replace the good/bad guy list with a ratings section like Calguns, Ebay and other sites utilize. That way everyone can see how many transactions a buyer or seller has done and what the other members thought of em. Does anyone take the time to look thru that good guy list? No...nobody. That bloody thread is endless. I wouldn't suggest this if I didn't think the volume of sales from the classified sections warranted this. Worth a look anyway. JMO

I agree Bruce.

I will be working on this soon.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
hello_echo_card-r5f09c9b595a54296b27085da27dbce40_xvuak_8byvr_324.jpg

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Haven’t even looked at it. Been hunting. But it’s on my to do list for December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
WB, we appreciate any good ides, but let me give you a hint on how our Ryan works that I learned in many years of working with him...If you saw the pile of to-do's generated by Rokslide everyday (two big blow ups just today), you'd see that things like what you're asking are going to take a bit, that is unless we want the entire site to go down, or the revenue stream that keeps it online to dry up.

Ryan usually gets everything done, and always gets the most important things done, but he doesn't get everything done (can't really). If this turns out to be important, he'll do it. If not, he may not even have time to let you know it's not gonna happen. Hope this helps.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
From someone who used to run a forum, I can say integrating something as simple as a rating system, takes a considerable amount of time. Hours really, especially if you are not a programming expert etc. Better not have nothing planned for that day. And as usual the first time it's installed, there is always something wrong and you have to go back and fix this and that etc. and there is always the chance it will completely crash the whole forum. Definitely not something to start during hunting season!