Why does this keep happening?

I post a photo, it shows up just fine then later changes and get this:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

I see this happening all the time, not just my posts but others guys i know too. It's frustrating!

I see this often as well, but maybe it's caused by not following the correct protocol in the "Advanced" link tab and then to the "managed attachments".
I have never had it happen but this protocol here on uploading pics is identical to another forum I am on so it was an easy process for me to get pics loaded.
Are these the steps you use or are you copy and pasting or something different?

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
I see this often as well, but maybe it's caused by not following the correct protocol in the "Advanced" link tab and then to the "managed attachments".
I have never had it happen but this protocol here on uploading pics is identical to another forum I am on so it was an easy process for me to get pics loaded.
Are these the steps you use or are you copy and pasting or something different?

Seems to be particularly problematic with images linked via URL without the local reference box checked which should make it bulletproof.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I never have this problem but Im using Imgur to post my photos. Works better then the integrated website picture hosting.

Seems to be particularly problematic with images linked via URL without the local reference box checked which should make it bulletproof.

I would imagine admins have a block on unreg url, and other ext link sources.
I see Tapatalk, photo bucket etc working, but some others may just not be allowed thru the security certificate screeing?

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
Same message happens when I select an image directly from my computer frequently. Will load initially and disappear later. Tried everything i can think of to avoid this issue, sure is getting frustrating.

vanish

WKR
I stopped using the internal forum upload because of this problem, and just reference the remote image directly. Its disappointing when some DOES use it and then I can't see their photo. :D