Rok Blog

Joelweb

FNG
Hey Robby,

I read your recent blog titled, "What Happened to the Rock Blog." I just want to encourage you to stick with the blog.

Blogs remain relevant and they are distinct from podcasts. I read a blog when I have five or ten minutes and I want to learn about something. Podcasts are long and I'm only going to listen to them when I have an hour or so to focus, like when I'm driving alone or making dinner. Further, the information in podcasts is easily lost, because you can't find it with a quick search. You instead have to go back and listen to the podcast to try and find that nugget of information. Blogs on the other hand are evergreen, and a person can find exactly what they are looking for years later with a quick search. The Rok Blog has great content - keep it up!

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
I agree. The Rok Blog is invaluable. If you want or need any help with articles I'd be happy to help out just let me know.

Btaylor

WKR
An example of this would be when QDMA shut down heir forums. Doing so wiped out an absolutely absurd amount of habitat and hunting knowledge. It also cost them a tremendous amount of good will and memberships to their organization. Podcast and video should never replace the written word. While they do provide arguably the best avenue to dispense knowledge, IMO, they pale in comparison as far as resource value goes.

jmez

WKR
I will gink it is a generational thing. I've never listened to a podcast and have no interest in ever doing so.

I much prefer to read information.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all, I missed this thread. Thanks for the encouragement! Happy to hear the written word is still valued. I really do enjoy writing the blog, helps clarify my thinking and of course connect with guys like you. Thanks again.
Black Ovis, if you want to submit articles, see our writers guidelines in the General Discussion forum

Greg Beck

WKR
I really enjoy the blog also! It's nice to be able to go back and read an article again, not that you can't listen to a podcast again.