What to buy...

1signguy

WKR
So I am looking for a new elk rifle... I am thinking a 300 Win or WSM. I am open to other calibers but think either of these would be more than sufficient. I will mount a new NF 5x25x56 on it. I just love that scope... But what rifle? I have a couple Christensen rifles which I am fond of and was thinking a new Summit TI... what else should I consider? Thanks!

codym

WKR
Either caliber is great but I'm a 300 win mag fan so I would go there. I have been trying to decide if I want to build my rifle or try a factory offering in 280 AI. My short list includes Fierce (really like the action but the barrel profile seems a bit thin) or a cooper back country. I think they both offer a 1/2 moa guarantee. I think I can get the cooper with a proof carbon fiber barrel which maybe what ultimately decides it for me. I won't be doing this until 2019 so I have time to decide.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Remington Model Seven SS in 7-08 or 308 with Talley lightweight rings/bases and a Leupold VX3i of your choice(personally, I prefer 3.5-10x40).