Rebuilding a Ruger?

OP
O

OK_hunter

FNG
Just a follow up on this. I took the gun to a gun smith and he said it needed to be re-crowned. Relatively cheap to have fixed so I am happy about that. When I get the gun back in a few weeks I will have to go to the range and see if the new crown fixes the problem. Thanks for the suggestions.

rgrx1276

Lil-Rokslider
Years ago I had a SS ruger built by whidden gunworks in .260 remington. Build was on Ruger hawkeye SS action that was blueprinted by Whidden gun works. A 1-8 twist Bartlein barrel in #2 contour finished at 20" was used, pillar bedded in a McMillan stock and NECG sights added. Trigger was re worked to 3.5 lbs.

After hearing how well Federal fusion ammo was working for a lot of shooters and hunters, I bought 10 boxes of the 120 gr. stuff. First I cleaned the chamber and then put a couple patches through the bore to ensure it was clean. I moved a target to 25 yds to get on paper and then moved the target to the 100 yd line. First couple to get where I wanted, 2" high, and then went for a groups.

All were sub MOA and I went on to another rifle to let the barrel cool down. Last 5 shot group through the 260 went into a tiny bughole. Needless to say I was pleased with the gun even though it was heavy at 8.5 lbs all up with scope. The rifle was built by Burke at Whidden gunworks in Nashville Ga.

I would not hesitate to build on a ruger action IF you don't mind limited options when it comes to a stock.

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I am still waiting on my Ruger to get recrowned, a few other jobs ahead of it.