Better stock for lefty Ruger American?

archp625

WKR
I bought a Boyds Pro Varmint for a rifle of mine. It made the rifle pretty heavy. Not unbearable but now its a 10 lbs rifle. I kinda wished I didnt buy it for weight sake. Problem is I got rid of the other stock.

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
Thats the issue with Boyds... heavy

I bought a Boyds Pro Varmint for a rifle of mine. It made the rifle pretty heavy. Not unbearable but now its a 10 lbs rifle. I kinda wished I didnt buy it for weight sake. Problem is I got rid of the other stock.

Wrongside

WKR
I'm interested in upgrading my LH RAP from the factory stock and magazine. Not a lot out there for these rifles in LH yet. I see B&C came out with a stock specific to the RAR recently and it looks decent for the money, but not offered in LH yet, if ever, and you'd be stuck with the factory magazines.

howl

WKR
I've been known to recut a RH stock and fill in the backwards stuff with epoxy. You can paint it to cover it, or just dye the epoxy and contrasting color for a fashion statement.

MPI
I’ve seen a few done by Rick Steinhour where he cuts out the factory mag well and trigger guard and beds it in a MPI fiberglass stock.

I'm interested in upgrading my LH RAP from the factory stock and magazine. Not a lot out there for these rifles in LH yet. I see B&C came out with a stock specific to the RAR recently and it looks decent for the money, but not offered in LH yet, if ever, and you'd be stuck with the factory magazines.
Boyd's has a LH stock for the Ruger American ranch rifle.

Does anyone know the dimensional differences between the predator and ranch?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk