Savage 16 Light Weight Hunter

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
How does it compare to a remington model 7 in price, fit and finish, and weight? If anyone has handled bot of course.

efnm

WKR
Try the Barnes TTSX in 120, even less recoil and they shot the same in mine. I ended up reloading them to find the sweet spot.

Also, did you have that stock laying around or is that an option I'm unaware of?

H82miss

FNG
Also, did you have that stock laying around or is that an option I'm unaware of?

efnm,
If you are referring to my post and the Lady Hunter stock on the Model 16 Lightweight Hunter: My buddy was putting together a rifle for his wife. He bought the rifle (Model 16 Lightweight Hunter) in its original configuration with the synthetic stock and then contacted Savage and bought a Lady Hunter stock. After he got it put together, his wife decided she didn't want it, so he sold it to me.

efnm

WKR
Sorry - I did mean your post. That is an interesting route. I am thinking my LWH may make a decent platform for a kids rifle if the youth stocks fit.

efnm,
If you are referring to my post and the Lady Hunter stock on the Model 16 Lightweight Hunter: My buddy was putting together a rifle for his wife. He bought the rifle (Model 16 Lightweight Hunter) in its original configuration with the synthetic stock and then contacted Savage and bought a Lady Hunter stock. After he got it put together, his wife decided she didn't want it, so he sold it to me.

OP
S

SpannerAK

Lil-Rokslider
Quick update to my original issue, took a pair of pliers to the magazine, basically squeezed the feed lips together some and it cured the feeding problem the rifle had.

Has anyone weighed this gun? I just bought the savage lightweight hunter in blued/wood (.243) and it is coming over weight significantly at 5 lbs 14 ozs. The ruger american compact is coming in just under 6 lbs on the same scale (ruger compact listed as a 6 lb gun).
I would also like to know.

Jimbob

WKR
I am going to phone Savage this week and inquire about my overweight gun. Exact weight is 5 lbs 13.75 ounces. Almost 6 ounces over weight is just not acceptable. I purchased at a gun show so I have no recourse to go to dealer. I really wonder what savage will do.

Picked up a savage 16 lightweight this morning and topped it with a viper 4-12... n feeding issues, but the mag is pretty tight and i may need to sand the lips down a tad, but it fed just fine.
It loves 140 elds... other then a flier, this is what i was seeing for groups:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Good looking rig. Looks like something I would like to have. Too bad you didn't WEIGH IT!:D
Oh but i did;-) its a hair heavy - scope is a bit heavy and i didnt get light weight rings, and i added a cheek pad.

All that to say, on my scale it was 7.4 lbs - not feather light, but still almost 2 lbs lighter then my 06 so im happy 😊

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Good looking rig. Looks like something I would like to have. Too bad you didn't WEIGH IT!:D

Cabelas has them for 100 bucks off the next couple weeks - the one in Kalispell had several in stock when I got mine - add to it the Savage $75 rebate, and you can pick on up right now for $525

robtattoo

WKR

I have a model 11LWH .308 in a model 16 stock (shaved 3oz...) fitted with a Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35
With 4 in the mag + 4 in the stock pouch it comes in at a dandy 6lb 3.5oz

I have a model 11LWH .308 in a model 16 stock (shaved 3oz...) fitted with a Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35
With 4 in the mag + 4 in the stock pouch it comes in at a dandy 6lb 3.5oz
"Jimbob" says his .243 came overweight @ 5lbs.14oz. There is no way your .308 came stock overweight. Nice rig by the way.

robtattoo

WKR
I want to say that after the stock change, my bare rifle came in at 5lb 4oz.
Stainless is a little heavier than carbon steel, which could be the difference.
I dunno.
I frigging love the little thing though!