28 Nosler

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
It's a hell of a round with the 195 berger in it.

What are your plans for it? Long range, targets, deer, elk, or unicorn?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I think you will love it. The team that shot the best at the vortex challenge this year was shooting 28s with the 195s. While not my first choice for elk, it will easily get the job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D
Right now I'm shooting a 7MM rem mag and it seems to do the job fine, but im looking at building a rifle next year and thats one of the calibers I'd like to go with

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
When I finally draw a unicorn tag I'm buying one first thing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I pick up my 28 nosler from the smith Monday , been almost a year in the making .hope it shoots lone peak ti action proof full sendero carbon barrel and manners eh1 carbon stock , I've never had a custom rifle so I'm pretty excited to try it out

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I pick up my 28 nosler from the smith Monday , been almost a year in the making .hope it shoots lone peak ti action proof full sendero carbon barrel and manners eh1 carbon stock , I've never had a custom rifle so I'm pretty excited to try it out

Sounds sweet! Post up how she does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7stw

WKR
I love mine. I bought a nosler factory rifle and have been super impressed with it. Ridiculously accurate with 175gn long range accubonds. I've only killed coyotes with it so far. Do have an antelope tag in late September. Will use it on whitetails this fall here as well. Not going elk hunting this year thanks to my recent wedding and honeymoon but will take it next fall.
f30f973b50df2b39b98dc6c10e442e3f.jpg
9b8927ec3c919af02e3a7c156c6fa644.jpg

Recoil is super manageable. Mine weight 8lb 7oz scoped.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Boman

Lil-Rokslider
My rifle is the same as 7stw'so above. My rifle shoots the same tiny groups but mine does it with the 160gr Accubond factory stuff. I love the rifle, feels great to shoot and carries well. Heavy enough to shoot well but not too heavy.

My rifle is the same as 7stw'so above. My rifle shoots the same tiny groups but mine does it with the 160gr Accubond factory stuff. I love the rifle, feels great to shoot and carries well. Heavy enough to shoot well but not too heavy.

I have the same rifle in a 28 with a Vortex 6x24x50 with a custom turret. Can't wait to draw blood this season, good luck to all..

Studd muffin

Lil-Rokslider
Fairly old thread, but I am interested in how you guys are liking the 28 Nosler and 160gr Accubonds. I have a 7mag and shoot them and love them. I'm just curious on how the increased velocity affects them at closer range, say 50yds on white tail. Thanks.