New Tikka T3X Superlite

I have a T3 .300 WM

Great rifles.

Mine wears a Sako Hunter pattern Mcmillan, and a fixed 10X SWFA MIL/MIL.

It shoots pretty good with 165 grain Sierra HPBT GKs. Normally I would not bother with that projectile in a .300, due to its poor BC, but it has proven to do well out to the mid ranges. In fact here is a group I fired on a rock, after confirming dope on some steel a bit closer. The rock was a shade past 600. The group was a bit under 3"s for 3 shots.

I no way shape or form will I say it will do it "every time", as that is a sub .5 MOA group, but the load has shown to average around 3/4 MOA.

In this pic, you can see the 600+ yard rock formation above and to the left of the rifle.

IN regards to the SWFA.

I am a big proponent of high quality optics, and am a Nightforce fan. That said, this SWFA tracks well, is clear, repeatable, and in 2 seasons of elk hunting (and 2 cow elk), along with shooting in the off season, I will say that I am impressed with the SWFA.

Crappy picture of this elk and the rifle but at a shade past 400, it did its job.

This angle makes this cow look gangly.
She was a healthy girl. And heavy.
They seem to get heavier every year.

OP
ReddingArcher
Good looking gun and shooting! Congrats on the critters with it too!! They are impressive guns for sure.

robtattoo

WKR
I took my '06 out for it's first run today. I mounted a VX2 2-7 scope, bore sighted & broke the barrel in. I shoot 3, cleaned, then shot 10 rounds, cooling & swabbing between each. I was a little disappointed in the accuracy during this break in shooting factory Winchester 150s (cheap...) My 10 shoot group was around 4" but I wasn't expecting miracles. It was centered 2" high at 100.
After a couple of hours resting it up & doing more load development for my .308 I put another 10 through it at 200, this time Federal blue box 150s
The first 3 were a little high but 3 clicks down put me at a dead zero. The next 7, shot fairly quickly, grouped into just under 1½"!

I'm really loving shooting my T3x so far!