PDI Tikka T3/T3x Featherweight Group Buy

OP
B

Bourney

FNG
Got a good question set via email so reproduced my reply here. Its a great list! I Might even put it on the website!

• Are you saying this stock will reduce felt recoil?
The directional properties of the carbon shell coupled with the forend and buttstock core material is designed to mitigate recoil, it brings the recoil down to normal tikka t3 recoil levels despite the reduced weight. It does change the felt recoil a bit as well, in that it dampens the impulse, changing the force from a kick to more of a push. We have had some customers rave about the recoil, others state it feels more like a wooden stock in terms of recoil 'feel'. To tame it further we add a Airtech Limbsaver, they are still ultralights so there isn't much inertia to reduce the push, they are designed to do the best with what weight is available. With rifles larger than a 308 in terms of energy, we strongly suggest a brake at least, muzzle brakes seem to be a growing tool of the ultralight hunting rifle.

• Does your research show it will improve accuracy? If so by how much?
Yes, the stiffer material does improve accuracy. In some rifles significantly but taking a group from 1" to 3/4" is common as long as the rifle already shot that particular round well, hand loads see groups of about 1/2moa on most tikka's we have restocked. The most significant improvement is seen for prone/bipod shooters, the significantly reduced forend flex improves group sizes when shooting using forend mounted supports.

• How much lighter will this set up be than my factory set up?
Should be more than 7 ounces if you don't use the rail.

• Do you include a bolt shroud?
No, we haven't seen any evidence to warrant their installation when compared to factory in a scientific manner, some people do believe they help and that's fantastic for them, we just haven't seen the evidence.

• Although the stock is upgraded to carbon fiber to stiffen, is the ergonomics of this stock the same as the factory? The way I read your thread, it is
It is! The only change is the grip is a bit longer and rounded to make laying the cloth easier and allowing for a better flow of resin under vacuum, reducing weight.

• I run a Harris bipod, so I believe i would have to change the bottom rail
We will change to a list with customisation options now, the previous build and the initial post is now obsolete.

• Would there be an advantage to upgrading the bottom metal as well?
Yes there is in that the torque can be made more even, however 0.75moa is normally more than acceptable for even LR hunting so unless you are chasing a half minute gun it is unnecessary in the majority cases, especially considering the weight penalty.

• Based on how the Tikka would bed could I easily swap barreled actions with different calibers?
As long as they only have sporter contours. The channel is moulded in for the tikka sporter and sporter fluted barrels. One customer got a no.4 contour on a sako 85 to fit but had to build up the action area slightly with bedding compound... it does look great though, it is featured on a lot of our online pictures, my favourite: Bolly Composites Stocks Featherweight Rifle Stock - PDI

OP
B

Bourney

FNG
Working on the options list for the group buy, are there any interested in just a plain flat topped action area so a smith/machinist could inlet for say a remington?

OP
B

Bourney

FNG
Video is now live comparing Featherweight to a Factory T3 stock:

[video=youtube_share;JyvkVNpbuDI]https://youtu.be/JyvkVNpbuDI[/video]

Webpage and ordering system coming soon, it appears we have enough interest and the group buy will be going ahead, Thanks for all the support so far!!!

Bourney

Mtnboy

WKR
Can't commit yet, but I'll be watching this.

Dang tempting...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bourney

FNG
Apologies for the time this is taking, we are waiting on export permits and a confirmation of how many stocks we can put into one shipment. At this stage we will be shipping the entire lot to Fort Worth and then shipping out from there.

While you wait, here is us doing our thing in Australia... with a ultralight rifle of course.

[video=youtube_share;P57WqphhB0k]https://youtu.be/P57WqphhB0k[/video]

OP
B

Bourney

FNG
by my math this figures out to right at $125 / oz - anyone's welcome to correct that if I'm mistaken

That's not quite precise, its approx $125/lb without considering the flush cups, forend hardware mounts, Airtech, pillars and a new recoil lug. You are getting an upgrade kit and a lighter stock even with the kit. Look they are not the cheapest stocks out there and there are cheaper ways to reduce weight, but the main purpose is to have a stiffer stock that improves accuracy and enables better bipod shooting. It's all about performance :eek:

OP
B

Bourney

FNG
We are Live, the group buy is open, to login use the password "rockslide"

Key points:

Currently 8 orders are required before the group buy is 'on' more are allowed but a minimum of 8 must be achieved

This is a USA only deal unless you can get a stock from the USA (e.g Canada), Orders must be paid for via Credit Card or Wire Transfer, sorry no PayPal (it’s their policy not ours!)

Please be aware that the stocks will not commence production until the 8th stock has been ordered. We estimate a maximum of 8 week production time with 2 weeks allocated for shipping (which is very conservative!) Be aware that once 8 stocks are ordered we will make 12, so there will be time to add your stock to the order... another reason we are allowing 8 weeks just in case their are more late comers than anticipated.

If you wish to withdraw your order please contact us directly so we can do it in a fashion that minimises international transfer costs. IF the order is cancelled and refund request done via credit card, their will be fees that reduce your refund.

Shipping includes on-forwarding costs

All prices are in AUD and will change with the USD/AUD conversion rate. Once you have entered your address in the checkout it will drop the GST off automatically.
If you would prefer a Painted Matte Finish, please specify in the checkout, we will do a matte finish and leave off the ruff-tuff without any change in price.
Rokslide USA Riflestock GroupBuy - Precision Defence Industries | PDI

What happened roksliders? Cold feet? I don't know about you guys but I'm anxious to get this thing in my hands and see if it's the real deal.

OP
B

Bourney

FNG
Well, another week has passed and only the one commitment, any feedback? Is the price too high or are their other reasons?

Thanks,
Bourney

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Well, another week has passed and only the one commitment, any feedback? Is the price too high or are their other reasons?

Thanks,
Bourney

I just picked up a stock from a friend or I would be ordering. I've got one heavy build on the list then I'll likely be in the market for another light stock.

Jon Boy

WKR
I think the price point is fine, just no one has seen them or had anyone review them before. I'd wager a bet if a member did a review you'd get a lot more interest. If you want to go that route PM me.

OP
B

Bourney

FNG
I think the price point is fine, just no one has seen them or had anyone review them before. I'd wager a bet if a member did a review you'd get a lot more interest. If you want to go that route PM me.

Thanks for the offer, we will be sending one with the group buy for review here on Rokslide. At this stage we have two orders, a few ongoing email discussions and a new timeframe, We are aiming for atleast 4 then we will ship at the end of April as we understand the reality that we are the same price as a Manners, but with different attributes. We will keep the forum updated but we did receive a commercial order for 50 stocks so I may not drop in on the forum as regularly... also the Fallow rut it about to start so I may be out hunting in my spare time :eek:

Good hunting
Bourney