Q The Fix Rifle

More info now. They go on pre-order in three days. All of the guns this year will come as 16". 308. 6.5 Creedmoor barrels and others will be available when the rifles are. They will be selling barrel extensions to other manufacturers (likely Proof) so that market can take off. I keep trying to talk myself out of spending the cash, but I'll end up with one anyways after another season with some half assed, archaic rifle. I can't get the idea of a rifle that folds up in my pack, switches calibers in minutes, has a superior trigger design, bind free 45* bolt, SR25 mags, and weighs 6 lbs out of my head. I've completely lost any interest in conventional bolt guns. Mil Spec Monkey and NFA Review both did interviews with Kevin at SHOT, their videos go through the details really well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Found another couple videos. There's another one from range day at SHOT, Jeremy S is the guy that posted it (that's the name of his YOUTUBE channel). Shows actually shooting the rifle and a more in depth overview of the rifle. There's also a direct scope mount (integral rings) to replace the 1913 rail on top to save weight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mrjohn12

FNG
Well to get a quiet, sniper you are going to have to go to gas...you can through a suppressor on there and it will make it nice and quiet. and yes you can get working suppressors for airsoft. but be careful, many are just fakes that are only there to hide an extended barrel.

AlaskaEd

WKR
Well to get a quiet, sniper you are going to have to go to gas...you can through a suppressor on there and it will make it nice and quiet. and yes you can get working suppressors for airsoft. but be careful, many are just fakes that are only there to hide an extended barrel.

Saturday night...is someone drinking?

Rolando

FNG
Pretty cool, wonder what the odds of a LH version will be. Probably about the same as drawing a bighorn tag.

Far less odds than that. Brittingham said so on one of his drunken instagram live events where he really showed his colors.

texag10

WKR
Lots of really cool features on this rifle. I'll be better off buying a tikka or savage and spending the surplus on glass or tags, but I would love one of these with the integral mount, lightest handguard, and 22" 6.5 creedmoor barrel.

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
I was very close to ordering one but decided to wait for the 300wsm option. I believe it will be a 22" barrel. Should hit nice and hard and be a true ultralight long range hunter.

FlyGuy

WKR
Bump. Anyone handled one of these yet?

I'm in the market for a 6.5CM and a buddy just told me that he'd ordered this rifle in 6.5.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Had one for a bit. Concept is great, execution not as good as pre production. 6.5 Creeds have a nearly Sendero weight barrel and there is/was an issue with screw inserts for the rail contacting the barrel, right side safety on a bolt gun isn't the best idea, bolt knob needs to be a bit larger.

Overall idea is awesome, needs a bit of a cleanup on some things.

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
Had one for a bit. Concept is great, execution not as good as pre production. 6.5 Creeds have a nearly Sendero weight barrel and there is/was an issue with screw inserts for the rail contacting the barrel, right side safety on a bolt gun isn't the best idea, bolt knob needs to be a bit larger.

For the price they are charging there shouldn't need to be any "cleaning up". I think it is more of a $2k gun than a $3k gun. I would actually be interested at $2k but would rather go full custom for $3k.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
For the price they are charging there shouldn't need to be any "cleaning up". I think it is more of a $2k gun than a $3k gun. I would actually be interested at $2k but would rather go full custom for $3k.

It should be good from the factory, yes.

As for it it being a $2k gun.... there isn't a $3,000, $6,000, or $12,000 gun that does what the Fix does. There isn't a a rifle at any price that is what the Fix is. It is not simply an action in a chassis- the action IS the chassis.

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
As for it it being a $2k gun.... there isn't a $3,000, $6,000, or $12,000 gun that does what the Fix does. There isn't a a rifle at any price that is what the Fix is. It is not simply an action in a chassis- the action IS the chassis.

Yes, I understand they are unique in how they are designed and work. I am simply saying that I don't feel the "uniqueness" of it warrants the price that they want for it. I think it is brilliant and I have wanted one since I first read about them, just can't justify it for that kind of dough.

KClark

WKR

What did you think of the bolt stroke, any tendency to bind? Was the trigger as good as they claim? It looks to me to have too many tactical features to be marketed as a "lightweight hunting rifle" but with the appropriate contour barrel, direct bolt on scope mount, shorter hand guard without a full length rail and the adjustable pieces rendered solid it does become what could be a serious lightweight hunting rifle. If I want to compete in a tactical match or join the Korean shopkeepers on the roof I'd lean more towards a honest tactical rifle built for that purpose.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
What did you think of the bolt stroke, any tendency to bind? Was the trigger as good as they claim? It looks to me to have too many tactical features to be marketed as a "lightweight hunting rifle" but with the appropriate contour barrel, direct bolt on scope mount, shorter hand guard without a full length rail and the adjustable pieces rendered solid it does become what could be a serious lightweight hunting rifle. If I want to compete in a tactical match or join the Korean shopkeepers on the roof I'd lean more towards a honest tactical rifle built for that purpose.

It's not as smooth as a Tikka, but then again nothing else is either. Trigger is great. The main problem is that with the ambi safety and small'ish bolt knob, the right side safety lever eats your knuckles up when racking.

It's a tweener. The key is to understand that it is a "shooting" rifle that is light enough to backpack with. Should be mentioned that even with the heavy long barrel, it's still 7lbs flat. With the lighter weight 20" barrel they're right at 6lbs. I'll take the longer handguard, 12 o'clock rail, and adjustability for 6lbs.