Q The Fix Rifle

HawkCreek

Lil-Rokslider
I didnt hear about this rifle until yesterday and since then I think I'd googled every review of it out there. I'm excited for some in-depth reviews in the coming months.

KClark

WKR
Looking forward to handling one of these, it's especially interesting since it was designed with hunting in mind and is very light. Love the modular concept, one rifle for 6.5 Creedmoore for deer and speed goats, 5 minute swap to 300WSM for elk.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
She's a sexy bitch!
15cc3112764d479ba7711b91ed7a9d72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I'm really worried about it getting back ordered! This is exactly what I have been looking for the last few years. I've been through five rifles and ended up despising something enough about every one of them to move on. This gun fixes every complaint. Light, folding stock, switch caliber, modular, short throw bolt, Bartlein barrel, DBM, what's not to like? Probably need KAC or LaRue mags for COAL but I'd rather pay for mags than be stuck stuffing rounds in and out of a blind mag or floor plate. The instant they're available I'm jumping on it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think it's inevitable that it will get back ordered right off the bat. Seems like anything like this is bound to be, just so much interest in it. I'd be really interested in one for a light/compact backpacking rig during spring bear or summer scouting trips.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
They're already "unavailable". The first run is only 16in 308's.

That said..... I shoot a lot of freaking guns. Like every day. Their isn't a chassis system that I know of that I haven't used. The first time I saw and picked up The Fix.... I didn't say anything... I just stared. Guns don't generally make me speechless... take that as you will.

204guy

WKR
Pretty cool, wonder what the odds of a LH version will be. Probably about the same as drawing a bighorn tag.

I really like the idea of a 45 degree bolt throw, and I like the design. Especially being able to use 20 round PMAGs instead of high dollar 10 round AI mags. However, at the price, you could buy an action, prefit barrel and chassis and be competitive to what this rifle costs. Maybe a bit more, but there are no aftermarket parts for this, yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No chassis made that will get you to sub 6 lbs though. At least not one I've heard off.

This isn't really a chassis gun anymore that a AR is a chassis? It's more of an aluminum action that takes bolt on tubes and butt stock.

It kinda looks like the bolt locks into the back of the barrel similar to some European rifles. Would make switching barrels easy, but presumably limit suppliers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KClark

WKR
Yeah, this is not a chassis to fit an existing action, it's a modular rifle. No chassis rig is going to come in at 6 lbs.

mt100gr.

WKR
I am wondering two things - if I had the cash, how long would it realistically take to.get my hands on one and will this spark innovation for aftermarket, lightweight (not as light as this....) modular folding stocks for existing bolt action "hunting rifles" ??

Not trying to hijack the thread. Just posing the question and dreaming of a rifle that goes in my pack along side my tripod :)