Reveiw: Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x44 BT, By Matt Cashell

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Matt is back, this time with the Swwweeet Swaro' Z6 in 2.5-15x44.
Not only a good-looking scope, Matt says she's a real performer. So hold on to your wallet and check out his review here:
Review: Swarovski Z6 2.5-15X44 BT

attachment.php

Last edited:

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
This review was trimmed down quite a bit, but I would be glad to discuss any additional details Roksliders have questions about on this thread.

It was awesome going from the super wide 2.5x to the detailed view at 15x with the 6x magnification range of this scope.

Benjaminwill80

Lil-Rokslider
Have you ever had the BT turn inadvertently when hunting? Like the idea but worry about pulling the rifle off my back in a hurry for a shot and not realizing the BT had been bumped.
I know a couple companies have locking turrets but like Swarovski and Z3 is in the budget but the Z8i with locking turret is not.
Thanks.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I never had an inadvertent turn. However, the turret has a hard zero stop, so verifying it is back to zero is a piece of cake.

Matt, one problem. Swarovski tells me they are no longer making this scope. Frankly, I believe that to be a big mistake. It's a great all-around hunting scope.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Matt, one problem. Swarovski tells me they are no longer making this scope. Frankly, I believe that to be a big mistake. It's a great all-around hunting scope.

I believe the illuminated version is still in production.

The non-illuminated model is still widely available, and at a good price.

Matt-- I'm seeing some Z6 (non-illuminated) models with .36 moa adjustments- thoughts on why they went away from 1/4MOA from the Z3/Z5 line? Trying to get more elevation on one turn of the Ballistic Turret?

I'm looking for a scope to put on my 6.5x284 and I'm not bothered by the limitation of one turn on the turret because 14 moa will get me to 700-750ish.