Xbolt Pro ordered

McGilvra

Lil-Rokslider
I asked Browning CS and they said delivery in July. Mind if I ask what you were quoted off MSRP? This could be my next 'one last gun' (in 30-06).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J
I asked Browning CS and they said delivery in July. Mind if I ask what you were quoted off MSRP? This could be my next 'one last gun' (in 30-06).

1679.00 and 1750.00

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

McGilvra

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. Out of curiosity what made you and your wife decide on the xbolt pro?

I'm interested as I want a lightweight, stainless barrel, factory-threaded muzzle that I can swap out with a suppressor. I am a lefty who shoots right handed bolts so the Xbolt tang safety is more ergonomic than M70 style swing safeties.

Did they give you a timeframe for delivery?

OP
J
We like the xbolts. I have had great shooting with them. She is small, so lighter the better in the mtns.

I think this pro is one of the best values out there.

sneaky

"DADDY"
We like the xbolts. I have had great shooting with them. She is small, so lighter the better in the mtns.

I think this pro is one of the best values out there.

Why didn't you just get her a Kimber Adirondack? Cheaper, over a pound lighter, and more maneuverable. I've had great luck with Brownings as well, but by the criteria you listed the xbolt pro doesn't top any of those lists. They also don't make it in any calibers that I'm personally interested in for another rifle, but a pretty solid handful of choices looks like.

Boreal

WKR
For "your wife", great idea! Let us know how you, I mean your wife, likes the pro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
J
Why didn't you just get her a Kimber Adirondack? Cheaper, over a pound lighter, and more maneuverable. I've had great luck with Brownings as well, but by the criteria you listed the xbolt pro doesn't top any of those lists. They also don't make it in any calibers that I'm personally interested in for another rifle, but a pretty solid handful of choices looks like.
I don't like Kimber's. Never have. I like 60 degree bolt lofts.

OP
J
They also have 18 inch barrels. I don't want to lose 100 fps chasing elk.

sneaky

"DADDY"
They also have 18 inch barrels. I don't want to lose 100 fps chasing elk.

And just exactly how far do you plan on shooting at an elk with a 22" barreled 6.5CM? 100fps out to a realistic 400 yards or so isn't a deal breaker. I like the bolt throw on my Brownings too, but I like the lighter weight and tack driving of my Adirondack in 7-08 as well. Either gun you have to realize isn't a long range gun. If I'm looking for light weight, muzzle break, and accuracy in the same package, the Brownings stay home and the Adirondack or Cooper 92 go with me.

OP
J
And just exactly how far do you plan on shooting at an elk with a 22" barreled 6.5CM? 100fps out to a realistic 400 yards or so isn't a deal breaker. I like the bolt throw on my Brownings too, but I like the lighter weight and tack driving of my Adirondack in 7-08 as well. Either gun you have to realize isn't a long range gun. If I'm looking for light weight, muzzle break, and accuracy in the same package, the Brownings stay home and the Adirondack or Cooper 92 go with me.
Right bullet and right speed can get you 550.

McGilvra

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how a thread about the Browning Xbolt Pro turned into a kimber discussion but here's what I've concluded: as a right-handed left-eye dominant left-handed shooter I like the tang safety (and third function bolt release on safe). I like the threaded muzzle that comes with thread protector instead of that being an added expense. I like the duratouch stock. I really like the interaction I've had with browning CS -the number of complaints about Kimber's CS combined with reports of spotty accuracy and quality control are enough to put me over the edge. To each his own, but I like my current Xbolt and am excited about this Pro.

OP
J
Not sure how a thread about the Browning Xbolt Pro turned into a kimber discussion but here's what I've concluded: as a right-handed left-eye dominant left-handed shooter I like the tang safety (and third function bolt release on safe). I like the threaded muzzle that comes with thread protector instead of that being an added expense. I like the duratouch stock. I really like the interaction I've had with browning CS -the number of complaints about Kimber's CS combined with reports of spotty accuracy and quality control are enough to put me over the edge. To each his own, but I like my current Xbolt and am excited about this Pro.

All my xbolts shot better than the Christensen Arms Ridgeline rifles that I loaded for. They are a solid rifle.

OP
J
A little update.....

Never could get the gun in time for my wife's hunt. I ended up getting her the 6.5 creedmoor Kimber Mountain Ascent.

I've never been much of a fan, but this dude has surpassed all expectations and shoots less than .5 moa at 100 with the 127 gr Barnes lrx.

OP
J
I think something must have gone wrong. I haven't seen one for sale yet. Cabaelas even pulled the gun off their website. It used to have it as backorderable.

FURMAN

WKR
When I called Browning three or four months ago they told me December/January.