Adjustable comb stock kits

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody here used the kits for putting an adjustable comb on a rifle stock? Thoughts?

Fire_9

WKR
I run a stock pack to achieve an adjustable comb. They're really nice when it's cold and they give you a little storage for range cards and few rounds. Triad tactical makes a nice one and I think they're around $50

Axlrod

WKR
I used a kit from brownells about 21 years ago. I think it was a graco on A Beretta shotgun. I have 80,000 rounds through it so far with no major problems.

A stock pad is the cheapest way. Look at Triad Tactical. They make a pad that you can add Velcro to to increase the height of the pad. I run this set up onboth of my rifles.

If you want to go with a adjustable comb on your stock, you won't find a better kit than the KMW Loggerhead cheek piece. This can "usually" be installed into most stocks. I know a guy in CA that does installs. Let me know if you want his info.

KMW . . builder of awesome rifles.

I installed a Kydex one from Tactical Works last year about this time. If I would have been able to get a good look at all of the materials I think you could easily order some Kydex online and make one yourself. I needed enough height I'm not sure my stock pack could have allowed that.

OP
wawhitey

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
I already have the triad stock pads, dont like them. I went ahead and just ordered a new stock with adjustable comb. Seemed like the easiest thing to do.

lcxctf2000

Lil-Rokslider
I used closed cell foam and vet wrap. Cheap. Compact and clean looking. Easy to install and adjust. won't scratch your stock.