Nosler Model 48 Liberty

Looking forward to the review. I have been considering a Nosler rifle for some time now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no doubts it will shoot. I had one in 26 nosler. It could shoot factory all day less than .5.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I shot it a little bit more this weekend and it was shooting the factory 175 ABLR at 1 MOA off a bench at 100 yards. One thing I've noticed is that the trigger has a bit of creep so I'm going to adjust that if possible. I'll also see if I can get it a bit lighter since it's heavier than I like. (I'll get actual pull weight before and after) I'm doing some load work for a 300 wm this week so I'll also do some hand loading for this rifle at the same time. A brake would be something I would add if this was my personal rifle.

7stw

WKR
I really like mine. I topped it with a burris xtr II 5-25x56 that I won. Mounted it in seekins rings. My 175 gn accubond handloads with 4831sc shoot great. Similar load as my 7stw
57f48493dbb9cc1aa04180563983bd20.jpg

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Tag_Soup

WKR
Any updates on this? I really like the action and am interested in accuracy. Would love to see them shave a lb, but still a sweet rig!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Any updates on this? I really like the action and am interested in accuracy. Would love to see them shave a lb, but still a sweet rig!

I've been slacking on this one. Work/kids/hunting/coaching baseball keep getting in the way. I'll try and get some updates on this asap.

wapitibob

WKR
5miles, I use a nightforce rail and rings. I take my scope off when I clean the rifle and poi stays true after I put it back on.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Took it with me on my recent WY antelope hunt and shot one of my does with it. The accuracy continues to be really good with it but I sure would like it better if it was lighter. I loaded up some Hornady 175 ELD-X at 3100 fps and it's shooting around .5 moa.

I've had first round, cold bore hits with it at 500 yds and 730 yds on steel targets.

506b280be300f1d7a93ced93ee346b5e.jpg

Last edited:
Wondering if there was ever any more to this thread or review. Currently looking at the same rifle for purchase and would love to hear more on the real world experience with it.