Tikka t3x superlite in 6.5 creedmoor??

GKPrice

Banned
Depends on caliber, with magnums being 3-4 oz heavier I believe, but my 30-06 is 5lb 13oz

the difference should be the weight of 2" of barrel - there is some variation on virtually any rifle when counting ounces though .... I have both the Kimber Montana and several Tikka T3 or T3x superlights, I think the balance of the Tikka stands out but they are a bit heavier than the Montana

strawman

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone heard when these are going to be available? I called the local SW and the gun counter guy didn't have any idea.

JWP58

WKR
Has anyone heard when these are going to be available? I called the local SW and the gun counter guy didn't have any idea.

They don't seem to have much of an idea about anything. I usually get the 1000yd stare when I ask if they have "x" in stock or to look at a firearm that's on the rack (then of course you get to play the "nope the next one...to your left...your other left....yup getting warmer...game)

ianpadron

WKR
They don't seem to have much of an idea about anything. I usually get the 1000yd stare when I ask if they have "x" in stock or to look at a firearm that's on the rack (then of course you get to play the "nope the next one...to your left...your other left....yup getting warmer...game)
So true.

Old fart I talked to at SW didn't even know what a 6.5 Creedmoor was.

I'll take my business to the local shop where the ex Special Forces guys call me a pussy for even asking about a lightweight rifle LOL

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

JWP58

WKR
So true.

I'll take my business to the local shop where the ex Special Forces guys call me a pussy for even asking about a lightweight rifle LOL

Lol oh man don't get me started on the SEAL/Recon Marine/Ranger behind the local hole in the wall gunshop counter. I'm waiting to run into a .mil cook or supply guy....seems most are SF commandos.

What barrel length are these T3 superlites coming with?

Last edited:

ianpadron

WKR
Lol oh man don't get me started on the SEAL/Recon Marine/Ranger behind the local hole in the wall gunshop. I'm waiting to run into a .mil cook or supply guy....seems most are SF commandos.

What barrel length are these T3 superlites coming with?
22 in standard calibers, 24 in magnum.

So true.

I'd take my business to small shops like that too... if they had the T3X Superlite in 6.5cm.

GKPrice

Banned
I'd take my business to small shops like that too... if they had the T3X Superlite in 6.5cm.

even SMALL shops have DS's working at them - I've learned to ask for a manager if you are really interested in something as there's usually good reason WHY they are one ...... Sportsmans Warehouse does a "normally" good job BUT there are folks who seem to slip through the cracks
example: There are 2 SW's within 50 miles of me, the Albany store can answer a question on the phone that IME has been 99% spot on, the Salem store though..... I recently called and specifically asked for the SS FLUTED barrel TIKKA S U P E R L I G H T and "oh yeah, I have one in my hands" so I bought a gift card on the phone and did a intent to purchase hold only to find a SS Tikka Lite when I got there .... it all depends

Timberninja

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone got updated info on when one should expect these to show up? Asking the local sportsmans staff didn't provide any intel.

OP
ReddingArcher
I check in with my local sportsmans every couple weeks and online a bunch too. Hopefully sometime next month.

16Bore

WKR
Seems the Savcreed, Rugcreed, Tikcreed, Barretcreed, and Kimcreed are going to be the rifles de jour for 2017...