Tikka t3x superlite in 6.5 creedmoor??

Ronb

WKR
Weighed the t3x superlite in 243 at sportsman warehouse on their shipping scale. 5lbs 13.6oz. Quite a bit lighter than a t3 lite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be why HA! Looks like I'm going to head to Cabelas. What's the difference between the Superlite and Lite? Just a few ounces?

If you have a Sportsmans Warehouse nearby I would go there first. Their Tikka SL's were priced about $750 when I last checked, whereas the same model at Cabelas will be closer to $900. The only real difference is that the SW model has a black stock, and the Cabelas is camo.

MTHunter20

Lil-Rokslider
I liked the Kimber Hunter when I fondled it but was nervous about maybe getting a lemon. I went with a regular t3x lite stainless cause I found a good deal on them. But it would be a tough decision between a Hunter and Superlite at the same price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GKPrice

Banned
I liked the Kimber Hunter when I fondled it but was nervous about maybe getting a lemon. I went with a regular t3x lite stainless cause I found a good deal on them. But it would be a tough decision between a Hunter and Superlite at the same price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would tend to agree with that sentiment BUT if you take Kimbers QC at face value then add another $200-$300 for your gunsmith to go through the Kimber and trouble shoot it - given the history that's emerged on Kimbers it could be smart money when weighing against the cost of ammo and time to then realize it's needed

matthewmt

WKR
I grabbed a T3x lite compact in 308, before making that decision I was looking at the Kimber and savage LWH. Tikka fit my needs best.
With that being said the SL in 6.5 will be sweet!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

GKPrice

Banned
Both SW and Cabelas should be getting the SL in 6.5Creed mid summer.

As an all around shooting and LW hunting rifle, it's going to be ridiculously hard to top.

Yes - SW called me back yesterday, June at the earliest is their prediction - "somewhere" one or some will show up sooner like they usually do but I'll be patient (HA !) and wait - I'll put a deposit on my order too ....

16Bore

WKR
Coupled with Hornady ammo, it'll be the turnkey rig of turnkey rigs.

I called the SW here and wasnt able to pre order... they said it wasnt 'in their system yet', although it's on the main SW website.

GKPrice

Banned
I called the SW here and wasnt able to pre order... they said it wasnt 'in their system yet', although it's on the main SW website.

I didn't "pre order" either - Talk to your store's gun counter manager, ask him to start a list and put you as #1 for when they arrive - SW is sort of "funny" about some things

lak2004

WKR
I have been waiting to buy a rifle until I found the perfect match and I think this will be it, cannot wait!