Tikka t3x superlite in 6.5 creedmoor??

OP
ReddingArcher
does anyone know of this rifle/chambering in a store yet ?

I have been checking the sportsmans warehouse website every week and still nothing that I can find. Its looking like another month and they should start showing up.

If I'd just wanted to blow money I'd put it in a McMillan Edge, otherwise no.

Yep. I picked up my first Tikka's a few weeks ago, a pair of T3X CTR's, and had intended on replacing the stocks with Manners or McMillan. To my surprise the stocks aren't half bad and much better than I thought they'd be. I have no immediate desire to replace them.

4ester

WKR
I'm tired of waiting for this unicorn. Bought me a donor T3x Lite in 30-06, and ordered a 19" X-caliber contoured blank in 6.5, #2 contour, 6 flute spiral. But won't be ready for this hunting season.

Follow me on Instagram @ high_mountain_hunter

GKPrice

Banned
I'm tired of waiting for this unicorn. Bought me a donor T3x Lite in 30-06, and ordered a 19" X-caliber contoured blank in 6.5, #2 contour, 6 flute spiral. But won't be ready for this hunting season.

I can recall several other company releases that we had to wait for but as soon as the first hit the counters supplies flourished - We Americans sure have become impatient, have we not ?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
You thought you could comment in this section without a gk or 16 smart ass retort? No chance of that unless hell freezes over

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

16Bore

WKR
It's never not funny seeing a prick in action. Well done.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

Edited to apologise. It is what it is with some people. Carry on

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Tberg

Lil-Rokslider
I was really tempted to wait for one of these. But the help at the SW gun counter was anything but. The only thing they could tell me; is they would likey only get 2 of the T3X Superlites in 6.5 CM in each store. I asked to be put on a list; they didn't want to work with me. I've been coveting a soft shooting 6.5 for a while and I found a smokin deal on a new T3 in 6.5X55 with a blued fluted barrel and picked up a takeoff T3X stock. Bottom line: I gotta 6.5X55 T3X that weighs 6 lbs and has more go than the Creedmoor. I do wish it had a stainless barrel but I paid a lot less than I would have at Sportsmans Warehouse. Its my first Tikka, its a sweet rig, and the 6.5X55 SE has been getting it done for 120 years! I'm heading to the range tomorrow to test handloads and expecting to push the 143gr ELD-X at ~2850, which is really decent for a 22.4" barrel. Good luck, hope you guys get the guns you want.

Last edited:

16Bore

WKR
Talk to Darrik at Whittaker Guns in Kentucky. You can find him on 24 HR Campfire as Shortactionsmoker. He's the only person in the business that has clue....

I'd guess he's got something up his sleeve and is usually one step ahead of everyone else. 5 minute phone call and a credit card and shit is on the way to you. Doesn't get easier.

GKPrice

Banned
I can recall several other company releases that we had to wait for but as soon as the first hit the counters supplies flourished - We Americans sure have become impatient, have we not ?

I make a "general" comment and all of a sudden I'm directing it at one of you "gals" ? ....... in THAT context, bite me .....

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Boys and girls.... Go look at the rules! Then, do a little reflecting.... then remember it's really hard to see sarcasm in text form and it makes people look like big dicks, even if that's not the intent. BUT, if people don't start following the rules, there will be fewer of you, just ask shooter200219..... oh, that's right, you can't ask him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

4ester

WKR
GKPrice,

If your response was truly sarcastic and your intent was to include yourself in the "We", then I apologize for my response. It's hard to differentiate sometimes.

Otherwise...........

GKPrice

Banned
GKPrice,

If your response was truly sarcastic and your intent was to include yourself in the "We", then I apologize for my response. It's hard to differentiate sometimes.

Otherwise...........

I was intended to be included in the sarcasm (I asked the impatient question) AND apology humbly accepted