Tikka t3x superlite in 6.5 creedmoor??

Pulling this back in.

Does the creed "need" a 24 inch barrel to be most efficient? I have heard slow burning powders need more than 20 inches to fully cook off.

ianpadron

WKR
Pulling this back in.

Does the creed "need" a 24 inch barrel to be most efficient? I have heard slow burning powders need more than 20 inches to fully cook off.
Google 6.5 Creedmoor barrel length. There's an awesome article about a guy who incrementally chopped his CM and chrono'd some common loads.

At the end of the day, the shorter barrel was slower...but not by much

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

71CJ5

FNG
Any update on when the 6.5 creed superlites will be available? I'll be there first in line!

Cabelas had these on sale back in early August however they were not in stock at either Cabelas or Sportsmans Warehouse. I pre-ordered one in 6.5 on 8/12 from Cabelas and was told they were on back order until 8/24-8/27. Well those days came and went and Cabelas even removed the 6.5 option from their website. Yesterday I was finally able to get an answer from someone about when they would be in stock. They are expecting another shipment on 9/25 and told me that it should ship to the store 3-6 days later. We'll see what happens.....

OP
ReddingArcher
I just noticed the creedmoor is available online at sportsmans warehouse. I'd love to get one ordered up but after buying my first house my available funds for toys is running low!

GKPrice

Banned
Cabelas had these on sale back in early August however they were not in stock at either Cabelas or Sportsmans Warehouse. I pre-ordered one in 6.5 on 8/12 from Cabelas and was told they were on back order until 8/24-8/27. Well those days came and went and Cabelas even removed the 6.5 option from their website. Yesterday I was finally able to get an answer from someone about when they would be in stock. They are expecting another shipment on 9/25 and told me that it should ship to the store 3-6 days later. We'll see what happens.....

Well ? .......

71CJ5

FNG
Well the 25th came and went. The automated order status line now tells me the they are on back order until 10/20. I called and spoke to someone, being very firm about the fact that I had an email stating that my rifle would be available 9/25. She admitted to me that they were removed from the website due to a massive back log of orders. She then proceeded to tell me that they are getting a few rifles in each month, but that "I have no idea when you will receive your rifle or what number you are in the back order log".

How the hell does Cabelas distribute the rifles among the stores if they can't tell me how many people are in front of my order? Tikka is obviously swamped with this model since Sportsman Warehouse is out as well. I may cancel the order and pickup a Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed instead, although it is .5 lbs heavier and almost $400 more. Not sure yet....

GKPrice

Banned
Well the 25th came and went. The automated order status line now tells me the they are on back order until 10/20. I called and spoke to someone, being very firm about the fact that I had an email stating that my rifle would be available 9/25. She admitted to me that they were removed from the website due to a massive back log of orders. She then proceeded to tell me that they are getting a few rifles in each month, but that "I have no idea when you will receive your rifle or what number you are in the back order log".

How the hell does Cabelas distribute the rifles among the stores if they can't tell me how many people are in front of my order? Tikka is obviously swamped with this model since Sportsman Warehouse is out as well. I may cancel the order and pickup a Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed instead, although it is .5 lbs heavier and almost $400 more. Not sure yet....

I have yet to hear of ANYONE having one in hand ....... just a case of poor timing in announcing on Tikka's part (or maybe Cabela's since SW has been very honest with me)

I've had a standard T3X Lite SS in 6.5 on order since the end of July. From the beginning they said they were expecting them in the September to October timeframe which is now in line with what Cabelas/SW is saying.

J1CJ5: I'd say if you just want a rifle in 6.5CM, there's a lot of good ones out there you can find right now on the shelf. But, if you want the Tikka because it's a Tikka it should be worth the wait. For me, I have been wanting this exact rifle for some time... so when it was finally offered I paid up and am sitting back waiting patiently. Definitely looking forward to receiving it

GKPrice

Banned
Pulling this back in.

the shorter barrel will always be somewhat lesser in FPS but in the case of the CM it won't be by much - case capacity, efficiency, choice of powder are the main determining factors and the Creedmor is a good sounding board for this decision - the CM should pretty much shine with a 20" - 22" barrel and any powder in the RL-15 thru H4350 class powders with standard rifle primer

I heard from my gun shop today who heard from beretta that the 6.5 in lite is a 2018 thing. They spoke to their beretta rep at the us hq and message was that the ctr was the only thing that would be available for a while.

Not sure if that is definitive. They are not cabelas or sportsmans warehouse, but they are a high enough volume shop to have good relations with distributors. I can't recall getting bad intel from them on a product availability in the past.

OP
ReddingArcher
CTR and now a new SL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice!!! You got to let us know how she shoots when you get a chance! I am really looking forward to hear what you think. Where did you get your SL from?

CTR and now a new SL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. Would love to know how it shoots.

To be clear, I asked my shop to inquire about the lite and the feedback I have was on that model. The super lite is exclusive to cabelas and sportsmans warehouse as far as I know so they could be shipping those. It is also possible that the lite will be available sooner and the feedback my dealer received was an indication of when they expected the life's to become available once current demand was met.

ianpadron

WKR
Sportsman's Warehouse in Everett WA has a 6.5 Creedmoor Superlite in stock right now. Had it in my hands 20min ago. And it comes with a 24" barrel which I was surprised to see!

GKPrice

Banned
Sportsman's Warehouse in Everett WA has a 6.5 Creedmoor Superlite in stock right now. Had it in my hands 20min ago. And it comes with a 24" barrel which I was surprised to see!

picked mine up from the Albany SW Saturday - just 15 min ago I was looking at it leaning at the end of the loading bench and realized that it DOES have the 24.4" length barrel - I was also surprised - I'm not so sure it won't end up being 21" soon enough