Tikka t3x superlite in 6.5 creedmoor??

FURMAN

WKR
I will be picking mine up Wednesday. I will post pics. I hope it has a 24" barrel.

Well the 25th came and went. The automated order status line now tells me the they are on back order until 10/20. I called and spoke to someone, being very firm about the fact that I had an email stating that my rifle would be available 9/25. She admitted to me that they were removed from the website due to a massive back log of orders. She then proceeded to tell me that they are getting a few rifles in each month, but that "I have no idea when you will receive your rifle or what number you are in the back order log".

How the hell does Cabelas distribute the rifles among the stores if they can't tell me how many people are in front of my order? Tikka is obviously swamped with this model since Sportsman Warehouse is out as well. I may cancel the order and pickup a Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed instead, although it is .5 lbs heavier and almost $400 more. Not sure yet....

Cabela's online backorder is completely unpredictable and worthless. I'm in on the Savage 12FV they ran dirt cheap ($319 - $100 rebate) hoping for a cheap entry level FTR rig to test the sport. Long story short, there's a thread over on Savage Shooters with people tracking their orders. There are people who placed their orders weeks after other that have already received their guns while the first in line are still waiting. If you watch the item page, you'll see the item change to limited stock, so they're still taking filling new order before they fill all of the back orders.

My only guess is they send new items to store regardless of people's order in line. They fill based on proximity to where they arrive is my guess.

GKPrice

Banned
Cabela's online backorder is completely unpredictable and worthless. I'm in on the Savage 12FV they ran dirt cheap ($319 - $100 rebate) hoping for a cheap entry level FTR rig to test the sport. Long story short, there's a thread over on Savage Shooters with people tracking their orders. There are people who placed their orders weeks after other that have already received their guns while the first in line are still waiting. If you watch the item page, you'll see the item change to limited stock, so they're still taking filling new order before they fill all of the back orders.

My only guess is they send new items to store regardless of people's order in line. They fill based on proximity to where they arrive is my guess.

Probably correct there ... Cabela's never has been well respected in the "up & up" dept and now that there's a new owner and old brand who knows what they'll pull ??

carter33

WKR
My local sportsman's warehouse has one in stock, wanted to buy it but have made too many hunting related purchases lately. Hoping after I save up some for it that it is still available.

FURMAN

WKR
I have corralled a unicorn.
f0da3d9d4d34206c8fc9ac1c920166e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slick

WKR
105 posts and still no review! How does it shoot?

I don't think he's had it for 105 posts worth..Think there were delays in getting it from the stores so he's only recently had it. I'm sure he'll post s more detailed review after having it a couple weeks

FURMAN

WKR
I picked mine up on a hunt. I won’t be home for at least a week.

Spoke to whittakers today. They say they have some lites. To be clear these re lites, Not super lites (fluted barrel) as those are sportsmans wharehouse (black stock) or cabelas (camo stock) exclusives.

Last edited:
Superlite in 6.5 creedmor? Thought only Cabela's and sportsman warehouse sold the superlite tikkas?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You are correct. The lite version was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Wittakers had the lite -no fluting on barel -on preorder for a while. The guy I talked to said they were in and would ship early next week.

matthewmt

WKR

Wittakers had the lite -no fluting on barel -on preorder for a while. The guy I talked to said they were in and would ship early next week.
I missed that, thanks and good to know. I'd be curious as to price difference between the two.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lak2004

WKR

Did they say price on it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FURMAN

WKR
I could be wrong but I don’t think Whittakers is getting superlites. I think they are getting lites.

I could be wrong but I don’t think Whittakers is getting superlites. I think they are getting lites.

Yes. You are correct. I edited my previous posts to clarify. Lite at whittakers. Not super lite, which is fluted and apparently made of angels farts based on availability.

Note today from Whittakers saying they expect to take delivery late this week or early next. Guns to go out promptly after that. I presume the paid in full pre orders will be filled first. Cutting it close but I could actually be in the woods with a creedmoor this year. I wonder if the deer will notice the superior ballistic performance over my lazy old 308.