Tikka t3x superlite in 6.5 creedmoor??

I was just running through sportsmans warehouse site and noticed they have the creedmoor listed on available calibers in the superlite. I checked cabelas also and they have it listed there also, says it's backorderable. Anyone else seen this or heard of tikka making it available in the superlite? If this is the case I'll be putting my order in right now, man would I love to have that gun!

OP
ReddingArcher
Man you didn't waste any time GKP!! Did they give you an estimated date they'd get them in? I may have to order one today myself.

GKPrice

Banned
no delivery date as yet - they "sort of" know me there (the 7mm Rem Mag saga) but I don't even know if they have one at another store that I might get (not gonna hold my breath for that) but SW has sold at least as many SL's as Cabela's (and Cabela's is supposed to be turning into BPS this Spring) so I'll be patient if it's a backorder thing and see what I hear (or get) and keep all here posted

OP
ReddingArcher
The cabelas site says estimated shipping is 20-21 weeks out, I would assume sportsmans will be about the same. Really excited for this I'll probably go in and order one today or tomorrow!

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Both SW and Cabelas should be getting the SL in 6.5Creed mid summer.

As an all around shooting and LW hunting rifle, it's going to be ridiculously hard to top.

Fireguy

WKR
Both SW and Cabelas should be getting the SL in 6.5Creed mid summer.

As an all around shooting and LW hunting rifle, it's going to be ridiculously hard to top.

I agree. I was very close to pulling the trigger on a Montana in 6.5 Creed, but once I heard Tikka was going to make the SL in 6.5 i decided to hold off. Love the Montana, but at damn near half the price and easily as accurate if not WAY more accurate, the Tikka is my choice. All my Tikkas are just scary accurate.

NDGuy

WKR
Am I slow, or is there no such thing as a "Superlite" isn't it just the T3X Lite? My local scheels claimed there is just the T3X Lite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Am I slow, or is there no such thing as a "Superlite" isn't it just the T3X Lite? My local scheels claimed there is just the T3X Lite.

SuperLites are exclusive to Sportsman's Wharehouse and Cabelas.

NDGuy

WKR
SuperLites are exclusive to Sportsman's Wharehouse and Cabelas.

That would be why HA! Looks like I'm going to head to Cabelas. What's the difference between the Superlite and Lite? Just a few ounces?

NDGuy

WKR
Is the only option at Cabelas the hardwoods camo?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
If it wasn't for the Barrett rifle coming out I would be looking closer at this Tikka. Really want a Barrett in 6.5 Creedmoor.