Rifle prices at Cabela's

husky390

WKR
Buyer beware is all I can say. Sometimes they have deals, sometimes their used guns are listed higher than new guns.

I like Cabelas and have spent a lot of money with them but have only purchased one firearm from them that was on sale. One thing to keep in mind is not everyone obsesses over gear like most of us and will walk into a BBR store and walk out pretty much fully equipped and happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had good luck catching firearms on sale at prices better than I can find elsewhere online. And if you hit the bigger stores (Fort Worth, KC, etc) the bargain caves can have some SMOKING deals.

I wouldn't pay retail for anything in that store however.

hawkhunts

FNG
I drive by the cabelas in Dundee, MI. Basic rules for myself. 1) Never shop without having a discount card in your pocket. There is a never ending supply of them. 2) Always have a plan- know what you want and wait for a sale. 3) these rules are especially true with optics and guns. It has to be on sale. 4) I use them occassionanlly to test fit Sitka. They stock very little open country, but their fit had been consistent. I use the online retailers for that when they have their sales. Not that it is ever cheap to buy Sitka, at least i can save the tax, and can get the full line ( their stock is almost all Fanatic in Dundee) . Optics are another one that you can try, and buy online but i usually end up buying it local. 5) bargain cave!
Do I feel bad. Nope. If they offer enough value in discount codes and sales and get close, it's too easy not to buy them. I just don't make spur of the moment decisions, so Cabelas has been generaaly good to me ove the years. I sure hope they survive.

bobhunts

WKR
I have been a long time shopper at Cabelas. Probably spent as much at my local Sportsmans Warehouse just because they are 10 min"s from my house. Dimes add up to dollars! We also have a Bass Pro Shop on the north end of town too. I buy stuff from them too! From a pricing point I believe you will find better deals on the net but sometimes I just want to go in and pick it up and feel it! All of these stores offer that and not to mention a good selection for most customers. If you are looking for a good deal each of these stores offer some really good deals.Check out there sales and seasonal discounts. Just bought a Savage LWH rifle at Cabelas for $505.00 ...I don't know how anyone can complain about that price.Neither of the other two stores make a wall tent like Cabelas does and I own one.Bass Pro markets some really good branded fishing stuff all of us can appreciate. Spring Fishing Classic is going on now I believe? I don't hate or dislike any one of them. They provide a service I like and use frequently. In fact Cabelas is the only one of the three that sells a house branded Camo lime that I would consider buying over my specialty brand. Not going into the mountains wearing Red Head clothing. Sportsmans has a house brand I would wear over the Red Head stuff.I can't understand why all of the outdoor stores are having a hard time? Gander Mountain filed Chapter 11? I support all of them when they offer the best price and those super stores attract a bunch of people in the door.

They are higher priced for sure at times. We have a local store where I live and I've learned I have to watch for sale prices. I bought a savage 22-250 heavy barrel a month ago and paid $287.00 for it. Reloading components the same not the cheapest regular price in town but shop their sales and they beat everyone.

The savage 12fv cabela's is giving away is one of the best deals I've ever gotten. It shoots like it should cost $2k, not $300. I got one of mine on sale for 319, used a coupon and military discount, then got a $100 rebate from savage. I bought a new stock, a decent scope, and i'm all into the rifle at $700. Its shooting 1" groups at 300yds.

Otherwise, yes, Cabela's is almost always priced higher than smaller gun shops.