New Gunwerks RevX ???

dotman

WKR
GKPrice, sounds like a custom just isn't for you, hopefully you can be content without having to infringe on others decisions if they don't match yours. Nope nothing will out perform a tikka so save your money and stick with them.

Without scope it'll be around 6lbs with a 26" barrel. I'll let you wrap your head around how it's so heavy compared to a tikka superlite.

ckleeves

WKR
I thought it was supposed to be half that?

I don't know I just looked at Grouse River and it's listed at that. I sure wasn't guessing that much!

Not something I'm interested in anyway, I have an action that looks an awful lot like yours but a little longer in my safe right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Yeah I'm not interested either but I am interested in the action for $750 if it's any good and not heavy.

OP
T
The problem for some of is:
A) no rifle combination is perfect - action, stock, safety, extractor you name it...
B) Not everyone has time to put all the parts together nor the knowledge of what works with what
C) Not everyone has a smith nearby or one who they trust to put into a "custom" build
D) All the above

Can I have a custom built? Yup. Will it be better than a purchased "custom" like Gunwerks, MOA, GA etc? Probably.

It's like this...I can go do research, test drive, and buy a truck from a reputable dealer. Or I can buy all the parts and have one built on the chasis I prefer, engine I like, and wheels that look cool...I just don't know or trust any mechanic to do it and sure as hell don't have the equipment to do it myself...

When will someone come out with a replacement for a Kimber action? And no...I can't afford a Kilimanjaro rifle...

Oh and I dislike Remington actions by pure virtue as I was raised in a Remington hating household. So don't hold that against me...

GKPrice

Banned
GKPrice, sounds like a custom just isn't for you, hopefully you can be content without having to infringe on others decisions if they don't match yours. Nope nothing will out perform a tikka so save your money and stick with them.

Without scope it'll be around 6lbs with a 26" barrel. I'll let you wrap your head around how it's so heavy compared to a tikka superlite.

Well, take me out and shoot me at dawn .... I have an opinion and you don't ? - for a "hunting" rifle I personally don't see what $5K gets you over "my beloved" Tikka SL $750, Kimber 84L $1600+/- after a good going over by a GS, one of your Rem 700's or any number of other fine factory or semi-custom rifles available - You want to have something "cool" then be my guest, I don't care nor am I attempting to sway you or anyone else from having one of those rifle or any other "custom" - I'd love to own a NULA, what do YOU think ? and PLEASE excuse me for being inquisitive, if I'm out of line you can drum me off the forum - Yeah, I can get monotonous at times and without realizing it, I wish I was just like you instead .............

dkynoch

FNG
Right now my main hunting rifle is a Tikka, So far it is my favorite production hunting rifle. Let me list what is wrong with it that bugs me.

1. The safety- It gets bumped off to easy and the next thing you know the bolt is getting yanked open on brush. I don't carry my rifle with a round in the chamber, but the bolt opens so easy that I do want the safety on to lock the bolt closed.

2. Stock Shape- the t3x does fix some of this. I really like the stock for what it is. For those that complain about the hollow sound a $600 Manners has the same hollow sound on their carbon fiber stocks and you are getting a stock on the tikka that is the same weight.

3. Magazine Length- I think the mag length is perfect if you want to build a custom short mag, but it is too short for magnum cartridges like the 7mm rem mag and 300 win mag. It has limited the bullets I can get to shoot good. I like to pick a bullet based on the performance I want not the mag length of my rifle.

That's really about it, and these reasons still make me want to build a custom rifle even though I know I probably won't be any more successful as a hunter with a custom.

Danny1788

FNG
If you don't understand the price point of $750 for a total custom machined action, Then you don't understand custom actions at all. I build hunting rifles for myself on my lathe. I have spent countless hours dialing in a Remington 700 action to true it up and what not. Ok so a Remington 700 action costs you $350-400 then about 2-3hours of machine work to get it all trued up. More time spend truing the bolt and lapping in the lugs. How much will a gunsmith charge you for all this...... probably $250-300 worth of his time. So bam you just spent $700 on a factory Remington 700 action and its still a factory action.

Now if you can get a custom action that has much much closer tolerances than a factory action at only $750 that a win in my book. Ill buy the action take it out of the box measure the dimensions I need for the tenon and what not. Then just go to work on my barrel. Just cut about half the time it takes me to build my rifles. That's the way some people look at things, but many people do not build there own rifle or have even the slightest idea of what it takes.

Taonbacon

FNG
Was the $5499.00 listed at Grouse River? If so that's Canadian Dollars. We get gouged up here, you'll likely find it a fair bit cheaper in USD.

Jimbob

WKR
The other Gunwerks rifles at grouse river are $8,000-$9,500 so the RevX is definitely cheaper. All in CDN dollars.

CLP

FNG
Just handled one of these at Cabelas. They're selling for $4199. Nice gun but seems overpriced unless you're in dire need of a "semi" custom because your smith or supplier can't make the deadline.

I work with the guy that named this rifle in their contest. He got a little discount on the rifle for naming it. His showed up a couple weeks ago and he brought it in to show it off. Personally I'm my opinion this is a rich lazy mans gun. Is it nice, sure is. Is it worth the money, not to me (even with the discount). He asked them what loads it likes and they told him "just buy our ammo, that is what these guns were built to shoot". The ammo runs around $70 for a box. This is an over the counter gun built to shoot factory ammo for the non reloader that wants to shoot long range. If that is what you're looking for this rifle is great for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8nbait

Lil-Rokslider
I think they look like a fine rifle and the stock design would be perfect for me. I'd like to see some reviews from actual shooters.
The one I saw online had a test target with 7 shots at .5 moa with an ES of 8 and SD of 2.2 it also came with the entire load used including the type of brass, bullet, OAL, primer, powder and powder charge. Should make for quick load development.

3. Magazine Length- I think the mag length is perfect if you want to build a custom short mag, but it is too short for magnum cartridges like the 7mm rem mag and 300 win mag. It has limited the bullets I can get to shoot good. I like to pick a bullet based on the performance I want not the mag length of my rifle.

Clarification - you're saying their long action mag length is ideal for Short Mag Cartridges right? I would absolutely agree. Have you seen a short mag feed well from their long mag actions?

Danny1788

FNG
GRB Action 2 .jpg

GRB bolt .jpg

GRB Action.jpg

These are well made custom actions, I'm very impressed with the quality for the price. The firing pin has dual cocking ramps and is very easy to open and close, Also the firing pin can be disassembled from the bolt with just your hands. The barrel tenon is 1-1/16"x 18tpi and is 30degree cone. Mine is #3 a prototype of the action and does not have the three lug locking recoil lug but that's not a big deal to me. It is cut for regular rem 700 mag box and is magnum bolt face. For the price its a great action I will be buying more of them if they stay at the $750 price.

Also on a side not, the 8-40 scope base are the same as a stiller Tac 30 or 300 with the pin. Talley makes one piece scope base/rings for these already for $55 30mm Stiller Tactical 30/300 w/ Recoil Pin (Low) - Talley Manufacturing

8nbait

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 51166

View attachment 51164

View attachment 51165

These are well made custom actions, I'm very impressed with the quality for the price. The firing pin has dual cocking ramps and is very easy to open and close, Also the firing pin can be disassembled from the bolt with just your hands. The barrel tenon is 1-1/16"x 18tpi and is 30degree cone. Mine is #3 a prototype of the action and does not have the three lug locking recoil lug but that's not a big deal to me. It is cut for regular rem 700 mag box and is magnum bolt face. For the price its a great action I will be buying more of them if they stay at the $750 price.

Also on a side not, the 8-40 scope base are the same as a stiller Tac 30 or 300 with the pin. Talley makes one piece scope base/rings for these already for $55 30mm Stiller Tactical 30/300 w/ Recoil Pin (Low) - Talley Manufacturing

Thanks for the info, could you measure the mag opening please"