New Gunwerks RevX ???

Has anyone fondled the new RevX by Gunwerks? My curiosity is getting to me... My question is...if you were in the market for a precision long range build (i.e. Gunwerks, MOA, etc) why would you NOT consider this over one of their more pricey models?

Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated! It just seems to me that you can get the same functionality in a Gunwerks package for 50% less than one of their other offerings...what am I missing?

RevX - Gunwerks

starsky

FNG
If I was in the market for a long range build, it wouldn't be from any of those manufacturers.

All of those pricy builders do good work but the wait times are pathetic and you aren't getting anything any other gunsmith can't produce. Just spec out exactly what you want, and any good smith will put it together for half or less than what Gunwerks, Red Rock, etc will charge.
Example:
28 Nosler Build:
Ultimatum Precision action: 1100
Proof Barrel (1:8.24, 26"): 800
Wildcat Stock (or similar): 400
Bottom metal (Wyatt's DBM) 300
Triggertech: 180
Brake: 150
Barrel work: 300-400
Inlet stock: 150
Way less money, better components, and built to your specifications, not theirs. Some smiths could have it in your hands in under 3 months.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GKPrice

Banned
All of those pricy builders do good work but the wait times are pathetic and you aren't getting anything any other gunsmith can't produce. Just spec out exactly what you want, and any good smith will put it together for half or less than what Gunwerks, Red Rock, etc will charge.
Example:
28 Nosler Build:
Ultimatum Precision action: 1100
Proof Barrel (1:8.24, 26"): 800
Wildcat Stock (or similar): 400
Bottom metal (Wyatt's DBM) 300
Triggertech: 180
Brake: 150
Barrel work: 300-400
Inlet stock: 150
Way less money, better components, and built to your specifications, not theirs. Some smiths could have it in your hands in under 3 months.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^ "catchy" name though ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OP
T
It is their 10 year anniversary gun and apparently they reworked the action so "Revolution X" X for 10 years.

Danny1788

FNG
I just spoke with gunwerks today and they are selling the new "GRB" actions for $750 which in my mind is an excellent price, I've got an email in to them today with a bunch of technical questions about the actions. It sounds like a Rem 700 clone that will accept factory triggers and mag boxes BDL bottom metal. The only thing the guy on the phone could tell me was the scope bases are different than a Rem700 like a Stiller I would think. But ill Update when I know more. At the price of $750 that's a killer deal and ill be building more rifles if they are that cheap.

GKPrice

Banned
I just spoke with gunwerks today and they are selling the new "GRB" actions for $750 which in my mind is an excellent price, I've got an email in to them today with a bunch of technical questions about the actions. It sounds like a Rem 700 clone that will accept factory triggers and mag boxes BDL bottom metal. The only thing the guy on the phone could tell me was the scope bases are different than a Rem700 like a Stiller I would think. But ill Update when I know more. At the price of $750 that's a killer deal and ill be building more rifles if they are that cheap.

My "complaints" with the model 700 have never been about accuracy potential or design - It sounds as if they're just trying to sell a model 700 for $750, a bit steep as I see it

dotman

WKR
My "complaints" with the model 700 have never been about accuracy potential or design - It sounds as if they're just trying to sell a model 700 for $750, a bit steep as I see it

It's a clone not a m700 from Rem.

dotman

WKR
If you can't figure it out just stick with Tikka.

LPA action in a Mcmillian stock with a Rem 700 inlet, this might help you figure it out, or not.

Last edited:

GKPrice

Banned
If you can't figure it out just stick with Tikka.

LPA action in a Mcmillian stock with a Rem 700 inlet, this might help you figure it out, or not.

looks like a competition BENCHREST stock to me .... OK, I guess I figured it out (looks like a short barrel too) And, why not just stick with a "Tikka" ? explain THAT ....

dotman

WKR
Haha so short I don't even see a barrel. Talking about the action though, so you consider stiller, defiant, LPA all to be factory Rem 700 actions?

That stock weighs 28oz and and is the mcmilllian Rem hunter so no not a benchrest stock but it is inletted for a factory Rem 700. Can you see where some stock work will be needed for the diff in the LPA to a factory Rem 700 action, it's pretty minor?

Nothing wrong with a tikka but why keep knocking everything else, we don't all want tikkas, lol.

GKPrice

Banned
Haha so short I don't even see a barrel. Talking about the action though, so you consider stiller, defiant, LPA all to be factory Rem 700 actions?

That stock weighs 28oz and and is the mcmilllian Rem hunter so no not a benchrest stock but it is inletted for a factory Rem 700. Can you see where some stock work will be needed for the diff in the LPA to a factory Rem 700 action, it's pretty minor?

Nothing wrong with a tikka but why keep knocking everything else, we don't all want tikkas, lol.

Sorry, I suppose I WAS "knocking" a bit, it's just that IMO these guys are putting lipstick on a "pig" and trying to sell it as a unicorn - nothing directed at you personally though - As I'm sure I've "outed" myself, I can be tighter than the bark on a tree so each "next big thing" gets scrutinized through my tight ass eyes is all ....... I can appreciate the machining and detail in that action, "I" just can't appreciate it's application to "hunting" but AGAIN, that is JUST me ....... what I'd love to see is a Kimber 84L with Tikka QC, THAT I'd pull my wallet for ..... NOW THAT'S a "next big thing" I could sink my teeth into

GKPrice

Banned

where's the safety ?

dotman

WKR
Action is just mocked up to show for ref where the stock lines for a rem 700 do not match up to the LPA action.

No trigger either.

GKPrice

Banned
Action is just mocked up to show for ref where the stock lines for a rem 700 do not match up to the LPA action.

No trigger either.

roger that - I'm NOT arguing, just asking questions for my own curiosity - can you illustrate or explain what benefits this particular action over said Tikka action ? (not arguing, just inquiring)

Grumman

WKR
As far as looks go, that fluted bolt, stock color, and receiver combo is awesome looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
roger that - I'm NOT arguing, just asking questions for my own curiosity - can you illustrate or explain what benefits this particular action over said Tikka action ? (not arguing, just inquiring)

Think of it as a Ferrari vs Camero, both get you from point A to B and you get to determine which you prefer.

Last edited: