Leupold LR duplex vs. CDS

What is confusing about running a small chart on the stock? Range, aim with the proper dot (gapping as required) and it works. I've shot a lot of prairie dogs and some coyotes with the LR dots, Varmint Hunter and B&C reticules and have no issues out to 500 yds or so. Dead simple once you build the chart based off shooting the load you use. Beyond 500 dialing is the way to go. And varmints are a bunch smaller than big game, which I hunt with a bow & arrow.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
HAHA....its not that hard to figure out what the dots actually correlated to your load.

Run your info of sight in distance, MV, and bullet BC into a ballistic calculator and see where the dots line up for your individual load.

The first dot is 2.2 MOA
Second dot is 4.8 MOA
Bottom of picket tip is 7.8 MOA

Pretty flipping simple and still much better than "aiming at top of back" like I used to do. :)

OP
J

JWP58

WKR
HAHA....its not that hard to figure out what the dots actually correlated to your load.

Run your info of sight in distance, MV, and bullet BC into a ballistic calculator and see where the dots line up for your individual load.

The first dot is 2.2 MOA
Second dot is 4.8 MOA
Bottom of picket tip is 7.8 MOA

Pretty flipping simple and still much better than "aiming at top of back" like I used to do. :)

Yes it's proved to be pretty accurate with my nikon bdc, which is why I've decided on the lr duplex. The rifle I'll be putting this scope on is only capable to the mediocre range of 500yds on medium game, and I won't shoot past 350-400yds. So the reticle should work as well as a dial.