Glock 20/40 slides/conversions

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Hey I'm looking at the glock 40(possibly 20). Since this won't be my EDC and don't mind playing around with it, I was thinking about getting some other barrels slides. What have other people run on their 20/40 frame? I know you can drop in a .40cal barrel but I was wondering if there are other slides that can just go on with that and a mag change.

HawkCreek

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Glock 20 and a Lone Wolf long-slide just months before the Glock 40 was announced. If I'd have known I would have waited and gotten the 40 from the beginning. I wanted mine as a replacement for the .357 so a .40S&W was no interest to me so I didn't research that much. I may get a long barrel for my 20 to save weight. Wont give me the sight radius I want but it should be a bit lighter than running the slide all the way out.

I still haven't gotten around to building the long slide for my 20. Nor have I bought myself a 40. :(

OP
Jskaanland

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I bought a Glock 20 and a Lone Wolf long-slide just months before the Glock 40 was announced. If I'd have known I would have waited and gotten the 40 from the beginning. I wanted mine as a replacement for the .357 so a .40S&W was no interest to me so I didn't research that much. I may get a long barrel for my 20 to save weight. Wont give me the sight radius I want but it should be a bit lighter than running the slide all the way out.

I still haven't gotten around to building the long slide for my 20. Nor have I bought myself a 40. :(

I walked into the gun store yesterday and I walked out with the 40.

I'm excited to get it out and shoot. I know I won't have time for the next couple weeks. I might throw a reflex sight on it. I'll just have to replace the stock sights as well. It all adds up... Now off to make a holster for it.

Brendan

WKR
I know you already purchased, but 20/21 is the same frame. Buy both slides/barrels and you can run .45, .45 Super, 10mm.

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 9x25 barrel (LWD) I use in my 20 slide and a .40 Super (Jarvis) I use in a 21.
9x25 isn't all that practical but it sure is fun. :)
You can always buy a .40 S&W for your 40 and shoot relatively cheap if you don't hand load.