Extra Ammo & Storage

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I keep the rifle magazine full (3) and carry an extra 5 in my bino pouch.

Those stock sleeves work OK, but after some bushwhacking last year I noticed I had lost 5 or 6 of them in the alders.

Yup been using the Allen stock ammo holder with the flap for 4 or 5 years now. Haven't lost a round yet. Standard ammo holders without the flap to secure the rounds are garbage. Used one on one hunt and gave it away to someone I didn't like. ;)

OP
4ester

4ester

WKR
I ended up purchasing the PIG stock pack from SKD Tactical.

Seems to be very well made. Stitching the shock cord and getting it installed on the rifle is a bit awkward, but I don't plan on swapping it to other rifles. It is quite a bit lighter then my Tac-Ops, and I would say slightly less padding.

The pack will not hold a full belt of 300 WSM (perfect for 308, 30-06 based cartridges), as it is too large diameter to fit one in every slot (unless it stretches a bit with time). It will hold a few more then shown, however they get increasing tight as you go down the belt. I plan on running 5-6 rounds in the pack, and 3 in the chamber. Look forward to see how it performs in the field.

MF

1c206ed4eae266da07a6bf79c4fd1c94.jpg
01ee9dbcf4e0422f2ea8918e4a9db28b.jpg
ba10014fbc9ac892d9d683cb7ff201d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoTikkas

WKR
With the Tikkas. Fully loaded rifle and a spare mag in pocket that can be securely closed. Other rifles are carried with a full magazine,and 9 rounds in an old leather Bucheimer flap top belt pouch. It was old when I got it 30+ years ago,and still getting it done.