Kimber Customer Service/Quality

WRO

WKR
I'm derailing.....
I still like the laws and my sportmans still has a few. I'm hoping they drop them lower. I would pick one up and do as you said. The stocks are great and the action is pretty interesting.
a custom action is 800 + timney 125, bottom metal another 100, stock is 400 - 500, just needs your Smith to do his magic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I wish more threads would get started like this and drive the cost down. I have yet to ever need to use Kimber CS but if I did I wouldn't have high hopes they would fix anything.

Of course they look purdy compared to a Tikka or savage but I don't believe animals care one bit how pretty the rifle they were killed with looked. So I will keep using my POS rifles and filling the freezer.

Hope you issue is resolved. I still have a Marlin 45/70 that had severe misaligned scope mounts.....so I just opted to use the sights given the purpose of the rifles...a Kimber Subalpine is misaligned mounts is deplorable at best for what they charge for them.

ams

WKR
a custom action is 800 + timney 125, bottom metal another 100, stock is 400 - 500, just needs your Smith to do his magic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

When you put it that way they do look even better. I can get my hands on a 300 or 7mm. I just might do it. I was hoping to find a 28 nosler but looks like that ship has sailed.

ams

WKR
I wish more threads would get started like this and drive the cost down. I have yet to ever need to use Kimber CS but if I did I wouldn't have high hopes they would fix anything.

Of course they look purdy compared to a Tikka or savage but I don't believe animals care one bit how pretty the rifle they were killed with looked. So I will keep using my POS rifles and filling the freezer.

Hope you issue is resolved. I still have a Marlin 45/70 that had severe misaligned scope mounts.....so I just opted to use the sights given the purpose of the rifles...a Kimber Subalpine is misaligned mounts is deplorable at best for what they charge for them.

I kinda like their hunter line too. It seems that with a budget production line if they have bad service and or rifles everyone will know real soon.

GKPrice

Banned
I WAS a big Kimber fan .... defended them to a fault .... after guys I know or know what they're talking about had issues, lots of issues - I bought a Montana 270 WSM NIB and it was no different than the stories I've heard - they originally treated me well with 325 WSM problems, not "fast" but it didn't take too long - the engineering and design of their guns is exceptional but their CS isn't just bad, it SUCKS - THAT is where the problems are centered, QC & CS (a couple more letters and we'll have a "word" for them)
I'd still buy "one" BUT it would go straight to my gunsmith for a complete going over, I'm not sure that would even guarantee good results now

what's really sad is that all these problems probably boil down to one bad manager. Kimbers ergonomics are stellar and fit, finish, inovation are always top notch. if they could just get the consistancy of their rifles taken care of they would easily be the top hunting rifle manufacturer. especially now that the hunter line comes in at a more reasonable price point. I don't know this from experience but I have heard that their handgun CS is like night and day compared to their rifles, like a whole other company. As a matter of fact my local gun store quit carrying their rifles because of the problems but still sell hundreds of their handguns every year.

WRO

WKR
When you put it that way they do look even better. I can get my hands on a 300 or 7mm. I just might do it. I was hoping to find a 28 nosler but looks like that ship has sailed.
I'd buy one in a 7mm, toss the barrel, put a 1 in 8 twist 26" # 4, bed thr stock and action, and sling 195s until your hearts content.

GKPrice

Banned
They discontinued the professional, now the remaining models are 2500+.

I'd buy a law, then take it to my smith immediately for a diagnosis..

they're a nice box of parts..

I'd do exactly the same with a Kimber if I bought one - no matter what the CS or QC is they are still a well engineered rifle that is on par with most other $1400 - $1600 lightweights (IF you had that into a Kimber Montana after having it vetted by a smith) Kimber's not the only one to go through growing pains or whatever it is we call it (it figures that "someone" would come out with a problem child T3, DOH !!)

GKPrice

Banned
what's really sad is that all these problems probably boil down to one bad manager. Kimbers ergonomics are stellar and fit, finish, inovation are always top notch. if they could just get the consistancy of their rifles taken care of they would easily be the top hunting rifle manufacturer. especially now that the hunter line comes in at a more reasonable price point. I don't know this from experience but I have heard that their handgun CS is like night and day compared to their rifles, like a whole other company. As a matter of fact my local gun store quit carrying their rifles because of the problems but still sell hundreds of their handguns every year.

Kimber rifles vs. pistols CS and QC depends on who you talk to - I'm a Kimber 1911 guy tried and true but I've seen several new out of the box at the shop I do business with that went directly back to them - I like the older "all steel" models and have never had a problem of any kind with one - As far as your assessment of Kimber rifles goes, I feel exactly the same

The kimber solo carry I had was complete shit. Truly is a polished turd. Beautiful gun. Ftf, fte, stovepipes... Got that sorted, then light primer strikes. This was a 2014 model not a first production one.

2 dear friends have had similar issues with their 1911's. M&p, glocks, Springfield xd. Way too many good pistol makers to bother with that gong show when my life's potentially on the line.

On te other hand If I bought a kimber rifle I'd fully vet the gun and if it didn't meet my standards unload it for a few hundred bucks on gunbroker and carry on. Cheap, reliable, lightweight. Pick 2.