Cooper firearms thumb safety

KINGSNAKE

WKR
Does anyone know if Cooper have different style safeties. My model 52 is a thumb safety and it is different from most other thumb safeties I have seen. Hunting elk last year it got flipped off. I didn't really care for that and I though I would ask if there are other options. It would be nice if there was a different trigger group that was drop in with a different safety but I doubt it. Anyone else have this problem with there cooper rifle?

I would agree that is the one thing I don't like about my cooper. If I'm hunting alone it isn't that big of a deal but with others it makes me paranoid even though I always keep the muzzle in a safe direction. Sometimes i keep a round out of chamber but thick timber that isn't an option

OP
KINGSNAKE

KINGSNAKE

WKR
I called cooper today and I guess I'm SOL. The new trigger group and safety are not interchangeable.

GKPrice

Banned
I feel your pain - IMO there are only 2 types of safety that should be allowed on a rifle, model 70 and thumb in back of the tang (shotgun style) - take it apart and see if you can slightly "burr" the slide mechanism so it's at least a bit rougher to actuate but not so much that you can't get it to "shoot" easily also - being it's a Cooper I wouldn't b surprised if it had some kind of ball bearings in it