Least Expensive 26 Nosler Build

ianpadron

WKR
For all you Gunsmith types out there.

Lets say you have to piece together a 26 Nosler for between $1500 and $2000 and have a finished weight less than 7 pounds without a scope.

Is this doable or am I better off buying a factory setup?

If so, what action, trigger, barrel, stock, etc. are you using and why?

Go!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

GKPrice

Banned
Tikka T3x in 7mm RM, have it rechambered to 26 Nos - under $1000 complete (a good gunsmith can chamber with the right leade to make this long seating not so important too)

OP
ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
Tikka T3x in 7mm RM, have it rechambered to 26 Nos - under $1000 complete (a good gunsmith can chamber with the right leade to make this long seating not so important too)
You and your Tikkas!!!

That's actually a damn good idea though, my T3 in .06 shoots lights out any day of the week.

GKPrice

Banned
You and your Tikkas!!!

That's actually a damn good idea though, my T3 in .06 shoots lights out any day of the week.

I also like Kimber Montana's (we all know THAT story), Ruger Americans are a BIG bang for the buck and still be shooters, I like Xbolts, I like NULA rifles, and quite a few others BUT when ya set a T3x SL on the table and weigh all options TO INCLUDE $$ spent, to me, the "package" says Tikka T3x Superlight........... sorry

FURMAN

WKR
Do you know what the stock on the Ridgeline weighs?

I have two that weigh 31-32oz.

Idaho CTD

Lil-Rokslider
Remington 700 action with bottom metal 450-500, #3 Brux, Bartlein, Rock, Kreiger 350, McMillan Edge fill stock from 24hourcampfire 570. With gunsmithing it would put you right around 2k without a brake and a little over with a brake.

FURMAN

WKR
I will tell you to take a hard look at the Christensen Arms Ridgeline. Smoother than a 700, side bolt release, Trigger Tech trigger, good stock, M-16 extractor, on the 26 Nosler it will have dual ejectors which will help keep brass from hitting scope, Better bottom metal than the factory 700, and a brake for a little under your max budget. You will be hard pressed to get this done with a 700 with all the CA features. I have not spent a lot of time with the two I have but I think they are going to be shooters. The top pic is my 28 Nosler just doing pressure testing/barrel break in. It looks like a nice node around 83.0 H1000 with Hornady 180 ELD-M and the second two pics are 80.5 grains Retumbo in my 30 Nosler with 215 Berger.
93byMg8m.jpg

DNMoeRdm.jpg
sKM2ROam.jpg

GKPrice

Banned
I will tell you to take a hard look at the Christensen Arms Ridgeline. Smoother than a 700, side bolt release, Trigger Tech trigger, good stock, M-16 extractor, on the 26 Nosler it will have dual ejectors which will help keep brass from hitting scope, Better bottom metal than the factory 700, and a brake for a little under your max budget. You will be hard pressed to get this done with a 700 with all the CA features. I have not spent a lot of time with the two I have but I think they are going to be shooters. The top pic is my 28 Nosler just doing pressure testing/barrel break in. It looks like a nice node around 83.0 H1000 with Hornady 180 ELD-M and the second two pics are 80.5 grains Retumbo in my 30 Nosler with 215 Berger.
93byMg8m.jpg

DNMoeRdm.jpg
sKM2ROam.jpg

very consistent for sure ! What's it do with bonded core bullets ?

FURMAN

WKR
very consistent for sure ! What's it do with bonded core bullets ?

I shot some factory ammo out of the 30 Nosler for a review I will be doing. I was not impressed. I have been strictly a Berger guy until this 180 ELD-M. I don't see myself ever shooting Nosler.

I shot some factory ammo out of the 30 Nosler for a review I will be doing. I was not impressed. I have been strictly a Berger guy until this 180 ELD-M. I don't see myself ever shooting Nosler.

Holy freakin canoli! I just looked up 180 ELD-M, 0.8+ G1?!

Are both your 28 and 30 Noslers the Ridgeline or customs?

FURMAN

WKR
Holy freakin canoli! I just looked up 180 ELD-M, 0.8+ G1?!

Are both your 28 and 30 Noslers the Ridgeline or customs?

The 30 is factory barreled action bedded in a Stocky's long range carbon fiber. Those breakin rounds for the 28 were out of the box but it is curing as I type in the same stock that is on the 30. The 9 twist will not yield a .8 bc it should hopefully be somewhere around .740.