T3x Receiver Dimensions

Rorschach

Lil-Rokslider
Quick question: does anyone know the dimension from the top of the Tikka T3x's receiver to the center of the bore? I cannot find this info anywhere online.

OP
R

Rorschach

Lil-Rokslider
Wow...this seems like it would be a relatively common measurement needed to calculate height-over-bore.

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have a Tikka but have always used a micrometer for the action/rings and do the math.

OP
R

Rorschach

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like that'll be what I have to do, although I'm not 100% sure how to get a solid measurement other than to 'air measure' this dimension and rely on just eye-balling it to estimate when one side of the mic is in the center of the bore.

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
Measure the whole thing and divide by 2 or subtract .5 of the bore if action isn't round, you can also use the bolt assuming the center of the bolt is the center of the bore.

OP
R

Rorschach

Lil-Rokslider
I've not taken it the action out of the stock ever (just a few weeks old - the rifle, that is), so I'm not sure if it's symmetrical about the bore axis or not. Otherwise, yeah, I could do what you're saying and easily come up with a measurement.

Jimbob

WKR
Open the bolt and measure from the middle of the bolt to the top of the receiver. I'm pretty sure that is all I did. There was a link posted on here awhile ago talking about measuring this if I recall. I could be wrong though.

imabiker

FNG
This is an old thread, but I found it useful, so I thought I'd share my measurements just in case someone else is seeking the same.

Bolt diameter = 0.688"
Bold to Receiver Top = 0.245"
This adds up to 0.589" which is really close to what some other folks posted.