Precision Rifles - Lets See Them (PICS)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Not sure if mine counts as a precision rifle as I am not sure what that entails but here is my Tikka T3X CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor with a 24" barrel in a XLR Element Stock and Tac Lite butt stock topped with a NXS 5.5-22X56.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not sure if mine counts as a precision rifle as I am not sure what that entails but here is my Tikka T3X CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor with a 24" barrel in a XLR Element Stock and Tac Lite butt stock topped with a NXS 5.5-22X56.

Definitely counts, those are great rifles. A T3x will be my next rifles. For the money, they are just so hard to beat.

28 noslerIMG_0018.jpg proof sendero, ti lone peak action , swarovski x5 , calvin elite trigger, carbon manners eh1 stock

Last edited:
135f9952a17e28f38363411e504d7f69.jpg

c65ea9892818a2945c92ced1012823ea.jpg

Christensen Arms BA Tactical 338 Lapua. Very impressed with this gun and hope to get another one soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Christensen Arms BA Tactical 338 Lapua. Very impressed with this gun and hope to get another one soon

Those are super nice rifles! We will start carrying Christensen Arms this summer and I am really excited about it. What kind of accuracy are you seeing out of that thing at distance?

Oh, and that's my favorite range! Been shooting at deep creek for about 10yrs now. Love the place.

FURMAN

WKR
Great stable...which is your favorite ;-)

I love them all for different reasons. I will only be keeping one 7mm and one 30 cal. Right now I am in love with the Ridgeline 30 Nosler. It is hard to explain but I just like how it shoots. The recoil pad is nicer and the CA side port brake is the best I have used(not installed in the pics). I have to give the edge to the 300 WM over the Nosler cartridge wise when all is considered. I would say I will feel the same about the 7-300 over the 28 when the dust settles. I am hoping the 180 ELDMs in the 28 will outshoot the 180 Bergers in the 7-300. Barrel life is too short to switch bullets in the middle of load development.

FURMAN

WKR
Curious on reasoning for win mag preference?

I have not completed testing but with SAAMI reamers it looks like the Nosler is going to equal 300WM performance with 2" less barrel I would equate this to roughly 50FPS in the same barrels. This will be more effected by the specific barrel than the cartridge. Broz is getting some crazy speeds with a 28" barrel with a lot more freebore and N570 but it is hard to say what the 300 would do with N570. Brass is everywhere for the 300WM with multiple brands and cheaper. The 300 WM has been around for a while and I can not see it going anywhere. Who knows about the Nosler. If recent history is any indication newer cartridges are fads and companies are giving up on them as soon as the new flavor of the month comes along. 300 factory ammo is everywhere if you get in a bind on a hunt you will at least be able to hunt. I do not dislike the 30 Nosler I just feel it has little overall advantage over the 300WM. All of the same reasons apply to why I would choose a 7-300 over the 28. As a matter of fact I am seeing more speed with less powder in the 7-300. They are two different bullets, however, and the ELDM bearing surface may have a lot to do with that.

OLI62

FNG

CA TFM .300 WM - 10lbs 5oz's loaded and sans the bipod.

Last edited:
Those are super nice rifles! We will start carrying Christensen Arms this summer and I am really excited about it. What kind of accuracy are you seeing out of that thing at distance?

Oh, and that's my favorite range! Been shooting at deep creek for about 10yrs now. Love the place.

I love Deep Creek! Been going there for years. The rifle is very consistent at long range. While I haven't had the opportunity to measure the group size yet. It still shoots great and looks like it does vary much. I've consistently been shooting rocks at 1,000 yards-1,500 and I'm very happy with the purchase so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk