Precision Rifles - Lets See Them (PICS)

FURMAN

WKR
Is it a 7mm practical?

Mine is just a straight necked down 300 Win Mag. Oddly enough the 7mm Practical is a little less practical. It may be a slightly better cartridge but requires custom sizing dies. I just use 300WM bushing dies.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
b1d32e05ea6724559c8d373d81e3f4ef.jpg
6.5-284 Norma rem700 action

OLI62

FNG
What glass is on that thing? Looks like a Tanget Theta/Premier. If that's the case, that is some nice glass! Don't see it to often.

Yep, Tangent Theta 315M. Glass is amazing and tracks dead nuts.

Akicita

WKR
Not as pretty as some others here but with the exception of the stock and optic it's spec'ed out nearly identical to the M40 / M40A variants I deployed with throughout my 19 years with the U.S.M.C. She's mountain tough and accurate.

M40A3Variant_zpsipcf85d3.png

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not as pretty as some others here but with the exception of the stock and optic it's spec'ed out nearly identical to the M40 / M40A variants I deployed with throughout my 19 years with the U.S.M.C. She's mountain tough and accurate.

I used to have a 700P that looked damn near identical to your rifle. I'm more function over form as well.. And thank you for your service!

Kotaman

WKR
28 Nosler

These are the first three shots from the bench out of my Proof Research 28 Nosler at 100 yards with factory Nosler 175 AB LR...I think it's a keeper!

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 141
OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Time to breath some life back into the thread. After 3 years, my rifle is finally done! Now I need to go put some lead downrange and see how she does. Have some load development worked up for it, but I'm gonna use the HSM 180gr berger ammo for initial sight-in and testing.

Matt

Scope = Bushnell Elite Tac XRS 4.5-30x50 w/Horus H37 reticle.
Rings = Warne Maxima Steel.
B5jMtPT.png

DEW0341

WKR
On the topic of precision rifles, what is everyone's opinion of stock/chassis while hunting? My friend and I were having this discussion today, I want a chassis for my next rig and he thinks it's taboo that I should just get a manners and that it's not a hunting gun if it has a chassis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the topic of precision rifles, what is everyone's opinion of stock/chassis while hunting? My friend and I were having this discussion today, I want a chassis for my next rig and he thinks it's taboo that I should just get a manners and that it's not a hunting gun if it has a chassis?

I think a chassis is superior in every way but weight. Saying a chassis makes it not a hunting rifle is like saying a compound bow isn't for hunting because it isn't made of wood. Currently the Q Fix is the only truly lightweight rifle I'm aware of that is a chassis style setup.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DEW0341

WKR
I would have to look at the specs again but I believe an MPA lite chassis weighs less than a manners (depending on the stock model) after you factor in bottom metal and adjustable comb height.