2 piece (clamp on muzzle brakes)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Other than being clunky looking I've read some reviews that something like the witt machine brake works moderately well IF you put the Loctite on it. If you skip that thinking you can easily take it on/off then it can come off under use/recoil.

ianpadron

WKR
Looking at installing a brake on my Tikka 7mm.. Does anyone have expierience and/or reccomendations for the 2 piece brakes? Thanks!
I've got a Witt machining clamp-on brake on my Tikka in 30.06. It is definitely clunky but works as well as a threaded brake. Makes the rifle feel a lil bit nose heavy, but a bipod makes that a moot point.

Each one is machined custom to your rifle barrel countour and it's a tight fit. No way in hell it's coming off when the screws are tightened.

For 80 bucks, idk if there is a better option. A T3 lite might be the hardest kicking rifle I've ever shot, and the brake turns the recoil into nothing.

Oh yeah...and it looks BADASS haha

25befdf2548baa70b33abf843241e2bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I had the Witt Machine bolt on break on my 300 RUM. IT was pretty effective at taming the recoil of that Magnum rifle. As others have mentioned, it added a significant amount of weight to the end of the barrel and I would not recommend it if you shoot mostly from an off hand position. It's a solid budget friendly option.

Honestly I would not do it again and the only reason I did it in the first place was because I knew the life of the barrel on that gun was almost gone and I didn't want to spend the extra money to have it threaded knowing the barrel was about to go and that I was going to sell the rifle anyway. If this is going on a rifle that your going to use for years to come I would suggest having a good smith thread your barrel and going with a titanium brake. I like the design and it works well at mitigating the recoil but it's god ugly on the end of a rifle.

You have a Tikka, it's a darn fine rifle and it deserves a darn fine brake! Try to avoid any brakes with ports on the bottom!! I put an Elk Meadow Performace titanium brake on my 7mmLRM. LOVE that brake and it added zero weight to the end of my gun!!

Elk Meadow Performance - Home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ianpadron

WKR
I had the Witt Machine bolt on break on my 300 RUM. IT was pretty effective at taming the recoil of that Magnum rifle. As others have mentioned, it added a significant amount of weight to the end of the barrel and I would not recommend it if you shoot mostly from an off hand position. It's a solid budget friendly option.

Honestly I would not do it again and the only reason I did it in the first place was because I knew the life of the barrel on that gun was almost gone and I didn't want to spend the extra money to have it threaded knowing the barrel was about to go and that I was going to sell the rifle anyway. If this is going on a rifle that your going to use for years to come I would suggest having a good smith thread your barrel and going with a titanium brake. I like the design and it works well at mitigating the recoil but it's god ugly on the end of a rifle.

You have a Tikka, it's a darn fine rifle and it deserves a darn fine brake! Try to avoid any brakes with ports on the bottom!! I put an Elk Meadow Performace titanium brake on my 7mmLRM. LOVE that brake and it added zero weight to the end of my gun!!

100% agree.

If $$$ ain't a concern, pony up and get a titanium brake threaded.

If youd rather save 200 bucks, a clamp on is a great compromise.

Post pics of what you go with!

Last edited:

ianpadron

WKR

Post some pics of that 7mm those brakes look sweeet!

Also I think it's worth mentioning that the Witt machine brake is a "one piece" design. I much prefer this design over a two piece. I believe a one piece is far less apt to fail or come loose. It's for this reason the Witt would be the only bolt on muzzle brake I would recommend.