New KUIU/Remington rifle

hodgeman

WKR
Dang... a guy could buy a Fieldcraft, a swanky scope and fund a few seasons worth of hunting for that price.

....and still have a lighter, more accurate rifle!

Daniel_M

WKR
Why are any of you guys surprised? Lots of overpriced rifles out there. And they are selling like crazy. I'm with Daniel_M. they will sell every one they can build. If Remington could offer that rifle at half the price, they couldn't keep up. mtmuley

I'd buy one if money were no object. Tracking several of the tactical hand gun builders, their limited edition Tier 1 Glock series builds that are only 10-15 in inventory all sell for $3000+. $3K for a handgun, thats almost $2500 parts and labor. And each one sells. Add another $650 for an RDS.

GKPrice

Banned
This thing seems to cost about 3X more than it should and weigh 2 pounds more than it should. :) You can build a 3.6 pound rifle all day long for WAY less than that.....

That's true Luke BUT it wouldn't have "kuiu" stamped on it OR make you buddies with Hairston ;-(

People constantly buy things BECAUSE it's a waste of money. Watches, cars, jewelry, oversize houses, high dollar horses, designer purses.... It's human nature. Any ancient civilization dig will tell you that it been that way for thousands of years.

I'm pretty sure that a KUIU/Remington wasn't ever designed and priced to be a practical competitor in the mountain rifle realm. People will buy them because they want one, not because it compares well to brand X. For lots of people, the fact that it costs too much will be a good part of the draw.

16Bore

WKR
Price is what you pay, value is what you get. I'd spend 6k on a Westley & Richards or a Rigby. This thing is pure crap.

hodgeman

WKR
I found it interesting that the one employee in the video really talked up the capability of the Remington Custom shop....

...and then shows the guy walking into the Dakota facility.

I know that Remington owns Dakota now... but none of that skill development had anything to do with the Remington penny pinchers.

spend $2 grand on a CA ridgeline and have a 1/4 moa rifle when hand loading. id take a trigger tech trigger all day long as well. nice that kuiu is trying but so many options...... a custom build has its stoakage as well but i dig the CA option for the $............

As someone else said, you can buy 5 tikkas scoped and have money left for coffee.
Randy

I thought for sure you were the one that said that, Randy. I had to do a double take at the posters name.

Yeah, that price tag is completely insane! Hey Jason, what happened to cutting out the middleman to keep consumer cost down?
I will also agree with the comment about throwing in a hooker for that price, and maybe even a very fit hooker so she can pack that over priced POS up the mountain for me.
No thank you, I think I just stick with my cheapo Kimber's. Man, I never really realized what an incredible bargain Kimber's were until I saw this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price is what you pay, value is what you get. I'd spend 6k on a Westley & Richards or a Rigby. This thing is pure crap.

I've never paid 6k for either. I was looking at a nice farqueston copy in 505 Gibbs today though.......it almost followed me home .

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
So.........I think that Rokslide (Robby or Ryan) should give Jason a ring or maybe text him and have him send the ultimate rifle to them for a side be side review. The review would be against a tikka and a kimber and the winner would take all. I'm sure that he would be up for that, right?

Randy

Lawnboi

WKR
So.........I think that Rokslide (Robby or Ryan) should give Jason a ring or maybe text him and have him send the ultimate rifle to them for a side be side review. The review would be against a tikka and a kimber and the winner would take all. I'm sure that he would be up for that, right?

Randy

Throwing the rifle off a cliff, first test.

16Bore

WKR
Interesting that Remington used a Timney trigger and originally chambered it in 6.5 Creed. Reckon they figured out their triggers and the 260 Rem kinda sucked.

Muttly

WKR
I've never paid 6k for either. I was looking at a nice farqueston copy in 505 Gibbs today though.......it almost followed me home .

Now the Gibbs I,'ve gained traction and gotten a little mileage out of! Don't own one, but bust out a couple Gibbs cases to fortify your argument for the 416 Rigby as a svelte, practical plinker...