New KUIU/Remington rifle

sab

Lil-Rokslider
I predict CDNN closing these out for $3,000 in about 12 months...

mtmuley

WKR
Why are any of you guys surprised? Lots of overpriced rifles out there. And they are selling like crazy. I'm with Daniel_M. they will sell every one they can build. If Remington could offer that rifle at half the price, they couldn't keep up. mtmuley

Weekender

WKR
Plenty of guys spending huge money on sheep hunt the price of the gun isn't gonna break them. Others that don't spend 40-50k on a hunt could never justify it. I'm in the hell no category with cheaper options same results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlaskaEd

WKR
What a joke. Why does the "ultimate" sheep rifle weigh a pound more than offerings from Kimber and Barrett in the same caliber. I'm sure it shots good, but not $4500 plus a pound good.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You could get a NULA and get it scoped AND pay your plane tickets to your dream hunt for that $$$.

Whatever though, I'm sure they will sell all of them, one of my buddies/hunting partners is a single 41 year old doctor, he has already said he's planning on getting one of these, he's probably representative of the market for these. He's also getting that new kryptec stuff with the 1500 dollar jacket/pant set lol.

GKPrice

Banned
Considering the serial numbers only run from XX005 to XX100, I will still bet they sell each one of them.

.... and that will put some serious coin in Hairston's pocket to throw in on leasing or buying formerly PUBLIC hunting lands ...... "good deal"

GKPrice

Banned
The Ultimate Sheep Rifle is what they are calling it. The Ultimate Sheep Rifle | Remington

MSRP of $5895 with no glass.

Sorry but that's some serious "hype" (I read "B.S.") on this rifle's specs - and REMINGTON no less ! I'll take a Mountain Ascent, drop it by my gunsmith and tell him to make it a shooter no matter what it might take, then have a "rifleman's rifle" and bank the left over $$$ - ... and we haven't even BEGUN to talk BARRETT FIELDCRAFT yet .......

idig4au

WKR
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't recall seeing an accuracy guarantee. I would assume for that price it would be less than 0.5 MOA.

No way I would pay $6k for a rifle where I have no input into the components used to build it and not have any one on one interaction with the builder. There is nothing revolutionary with this rifle that justifies its price. This is a fan boy rifle for the uninformed with deep pockets.

WKR
Pretty funny. Betting they don't sell 10 of those. And I'd love to know the background of all 10 buyers, lol.

Why are any of you guys surprised? Lots of overpriced rifles out there. And they are selling like crazy. I'm with Daniel_M. they will sell every one they can build. If Remington could offer that rifle at half the price, they couldn't keep up. mtmuley

This. Since they are a "special run", they will sell them all. Guys like to think they are special.

gbflyer

WKR
I bet they'll sell a few. Looks like they're getting some good free publicity here anyway.

Kotaman

WKR
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't recall seeing an accuracy guarantee. I would assume for that price it would be less than 0.5 MOA.

No way I would pay $6k for a rifle where I have no input into the components used to build it and not have any one on one interaction with the builder. There is nothing revolutionary with this rifle that justifies its price. This is a fan boy rifle for the uninformed with deep pockets.

Proof Barrels are .5 MOA guarantee. And your last sentence pretty much nails this project in whole.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
This thing seems to cost about 3X more than it should and weigh 2 pounds more than it should. :) You can build a 3.6 pound rifle all day long for WAY less than that.....