New KUIU/Remington rifle

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
The only KUIU that I own are some dry bags I picked up for 75% off and half of which promptly ripped. I have looked at and felt most of the stuff; I don't like it from that aspect so I'm not go to go farther and buy it. I don't trust the packs; great theory but too fragile IMO. BUT even as abrasive as he is, I am always drawn to the KUIU freight train. Jason is a marketing genius (or he actually listens to one). He caters to the elite...partnering up with Remington he exposes his BRAND to MILLIONS more Joe Lunchbox wannabe elite guys out there. If one percent of the lets say one million (conservatively) people Remington touches with this joint venture, there's 10,000 new KUIU customers. And what does this cost him? Remington GIVES him a few rifles for his "expertise". Look at the caliber for goodness sakes! The 6.5 Creedmore sucks ballistically compared to a 6.5-284, 6.5 or 7mm SAUM, heck even a 260 or 7mm-08. It's a hipster caliber, it's the "in" thing; a round designed to shoot steel with an AR-15. Genius--don't pick the best tool for the job, pick what will get you the most EXPOSURE...the dude is the modern P.T. Barnum; it is amazing to watch.

It's WAY over priced but the profits will more than pay for his next "R&D" write off hunt for Desert Sheep or Marco Polo...amazing.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Funny...a Ridgeline in 6.5 Creed is 6.3# and Sub MLA guaranteed for $1995 list.

JWP58

WKR
Glass house.. what was the kifaru rambling rifle $6800?.

Hold up there fella, some things are not to be pointed out, especially if its slightly negative about a certain company.

P.s. Shipping on a kifarawesome rifle must've been like $300 bucks.

Funny...a Ridgeline in 6.5 Creed is 6.3# and Sub MLA guaranteed for $1995 list.

Even if they were the same price ($2,000), and I was in the market for a 6.5, I would take that CR over the Remington and wouldn't think twice about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luke moffat

Super Moderator
"Kifarawesome"
Lol....thats funny.
Yeah, kinda funny how that only works one way.

No that rifle has been discussed as well and most felt it was over priced as well from what I recall. I feel most of us (myself included) would feel that both rifles are over priced for what they are.

16Bore

WKR
If a fat guy or a chick buys that rifle, will they make a custom KUIUniform for them?

dotman

WKR
No that rifle has been discussed as well and most felt it was over priced as well from what I recall. I feel most of us (myself included) would feel that both rifles are over priced for what they are.

The Kifaru rifle also was very short lived both times they tried it.

dotman

WKR
If a fat guy or a chick buys that rifle, will they make a custom KUIUniform for them?

Oh man just think, if he marketed it with a complete Kuiu cheerleading outfit for $15k, it would sellout in the presale.

My thoughts are similar but then again I own nothing that's a special/limited edition so a premium price doesn't make sense to me. According to some on this thread you are any idiot if you own a gun that cost more then a Ridgeline or Tikka..... I think 3/4 ton gas trucks make zero sense, let's be honest most people who own a 3/4 would save a ton of money with a 1/2 ton and that includes the cost to hire out/hotshot the stuff they think they need a 3/4 for. End of the day more power to someone that's to indulge with thier hard earned money the way they want to.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Oh man just think, if he marketed it with a complete Kuiu cheerleading outfit for $15k, it would sellout in the presale.

"Custom" tailored ;)

He really could do better on the rifle if he wanted...I have a long action 700 Ti that "I" worked on that is 6 lb 2oz including my Leupold 3.5-10 and there is no super duper carbon barrel on that one.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
6k$ is a crazy amount for that rifle, but if Remington and Kuiu can get it, good on them. That is the best thing about capitalism, when the price is to high, buyers will not buy it. IF there are buyers at 6k$, let me buy it and move on.

Fire_9

WKR
Look at the caliber for goodness sakes! The 6.5 Creedmore sucks ballistically compared to a 6.5-284, 6.5 or 7mm SAUM, heck even a 260 or 7mm-08. It's a hipster caliber, it's the "in" thing; a round designed to shoot steel with an AR-15. Genius--don't pick the best tool for the job, pick what will get you the most EXPOSURE.

Last time I checked, a 6.5 creed won't fit in an AR-15 and I wouldn't really say it sucks compared to a .260. So what would be the best tool for the job?

There is no doubt this thing is overpriced but I'm not really understanding all the hate. Companies have been selling rifles that are way overpriced for a long time. This is nothing new...

bc850e709953bd912eb7f5015cf5a269.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
You are right; I should have said just AR--it fits in AR-10s not the 15s. I'm not into the ARs.

No hate here, better choices for the job were all listed and there are more. 7WSM would have been the perfect caliber for the job, but as I was pointing out, he picked the newest "popular" cartridge to get more "buzz". The rifle is labeled the "ideal" sheep rifle, but it is actually the one that will create the most interest to bring views for KUIU. As I have already said; it is genius.

Good article: Shooting Illustrated | The 6.5 Creedmoor: What’s the Big Deal?

If you did a survey of 100 hunters who have been on sheep hunts their ideal caliber, the 6.5 Creedmore would be not be named by 99 of them. Coming in front of the 6.5CM would be ALL the .300 mags, 30-06, ALL the 7 mags, 280AI, and all the various and sundry 270s...and I'd bet Jason hasn't carried one on any of his sheep hunts yet. Check his earlier custom rifles. It's all a marketing ploy ;-)

Fire_9

WKR
You are right; I should have said just AR--it fits in AR-10s not the 15s. I'm not into the ARs.

No hate here, better choices for the job were all listed and there are more. 7WSM would have been the perfect caliber for the job, but as I was pointing out, he picked the newest "popular" cartridge to get more "buzz". The rifle is labeled the "ideal" sheep rifle, but it is actually the one that will create the most interest to bring views for KUIU. As I have already said; it is genius.

Good article: Shooting Illustrated | The 6.5 Creedmoor: What’s the Big Deal?

If you did a survey of 100 hunters who have been on sheep hunts their ideal caliber, the 6.5 Creedmore would be not be named by 99 of them. Coming in front of the 6.5CM would be ALL the .300 mags, 30-06, ALL the 7 mags, 280AI, and all the various and sundry 270s...and I'd bet Jason hasn't carried one on any of his sheep hunts yet. Check his earlier custom rifles. It's all a marketing ploy ;-)

We all have our ideas of what makes the 'ideal' rifle. You couldn't pay me to pack and shoot a magnum or even standard long action rifle that light. I'm not into muzzle brakes or heavy recoil. Give me a standard short action caliber that I can shoot all day long and I will take that over a magnum any day for deer/sheep sized animals. If you can't get it done with a 6.5CM, you're doing it wrong.

You're right, that was a good article. They took a cartridge that has basically been around since the beginning of time and made it better. The CM is a shorter 6.5 swede which has a pretty good reputation...

WKR
Comparing 6.5CM to .308:

"The Creedmoor shoots flatter, hits harder, does not drift as much and kicks less. And that, my long-range-shooting nerds, is kind of a big deal."

I am interested in a 6.5 as a lightweight, longer range, coyote/wolf type gun that would do double duty as my mom's (63 yoa) deer and antelope rifle.

Is the 6.5 CM a bad choice?

What makes this round a poor choice in the Kuiu rifle other than it's popular and old crusty guys can't like popular things as it would totally ruin their old crusty guy street cred?

GKPrice

Banned
We all have our ideas of what makes the 'ideal' rifle. You couldn't pay me to pack and shoot a magnum or even standard long action rifle that light. I'm not into muzzle brakes or heavy recoil. Give me a standard short action caliber that I can shoot all day long and I will take that over a magnum any day for deer/sheep sized animals. If you can't get it done with a 6.5CM, you're doing it wrong.

You're right, that was a good article. They took a cartridge that has basically been around since the beginning of time and made it better. The CM is a shorter 6.5 swede which has a pretty good reputation...

I think the last part of the above about the "Swede" says a lot - There is nothing wrong with taking a perfect mousetrap and making it "better" (which appears to be the case) I was a small caliber skeptic (might still be be after some 6.5CM hunts under my belt) but I can't ignore the wisdom conveyed herein, a lot of it, and my grandson thus far loves his - very much like the hot rod arguments of yesterday ... 350 vs. 396.... etc

I had no great differing opinions about Kuiu or the owner until this public land thing came to the surface and the "hate" is non-existent albeit ire toward someone who appears to think he's "cooler" than most all the rest of us - Marketing Genius ? have to admit that's a BINGO

Sitting here fondling the Barrett Fieldcraft, if it shoots as good as it feels and looks cannot imagine needing or desiring to spend $1 more on "the perfect sheep rifle" ....