Post '64 winchester question

JWP58

WKR
Will a black shadow model 70 fit in a regular aftermarket model 70 stock like mcmillan, manners, bell & carlson?

Edit, forgot to add it would be a short mag if that makes a difference

Last edited:
Since nobody has piped up. I say call them. Whatever stock you are looking at, pick up the phone. I like internet knowledge and all....but.....lol. I know that wasn't what you were looking for. It is just what I would do. Good luck.

• Banned
OP
J

JWP58

WKR
Not a huge deal, just curious. There are some decent deals out there on 7mm wsm black shadows.

Last edited:
Right on. It's never a bad idea to buy a new gun, regardless of the aftermarket. Buy it, then take it from there. I wouldn't worry about a mickey, they will make it work. The others....i dunno.

Yes they will fit in aftermarket stocks. The m70 WSM is a short action and I like the 3" mag box a lot.

The cheaper black shadow rifles have a built into the stock trigger guard. I buy PTG aluminum bottom metal when swapping to aftermarket stock. Another good option is to find a takeoff stock from the extreme weather rifles. There are usually a few floating around various forums. They were made by BC and are a pretty decent stock especially if you can find a used one cheap.

The factory trigger can be worked over very nicely. Some stoning and spring and you are good to go.