New rifle

KurtR

WKR
when did federal make blue box for the creedmoor? This is from their web site . LOL

creed%20fed.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Federal Premium Ammunition - Rifle

16Bore

WKR
RAR's have been known to do some stupid shit. Your friend may be a tad confused...

howl

WKR
What do you consider cheap ammo?

Fifty cents per round is about the limit. Imported or remanufactured brass case .308/7.62x51 at that price is usefully accurate for improving marksmanship to maybe 250 yards.

I have a 7mm rem mag and use that for deer. They don't go very far. Hardly any recoil whatsoever with the TC venture with weathershield. This rifle is amazing and I just got a vortex razor hd LH scope for it. Can't wait to get it on there. Next rifle will be a kimber mountain rifle chambered in the 6.5 creedmor though

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ATX762

Lil-Rokslider
I think the OP is best with a commonly available inexpensive caliber that he can find ammo for at walmart. 30-06, 270, etc. Rounds he puts down range through his rifle is going to make a war way bigger difference than most of the equipment he can buy (as long as he has a decent rifle and decent scope). 30-06 is still prob the best all-around caliber on this continent, in terms of cost per round and killing power/shoot ability ratio--all the magnums add a lot more blast for not a lot more velocity. And the 260 and the 6.5 really are great rounds but elk at 500 yards...pushing it, especially for a new shooter. Good way to feed the coyotes. I think if I knew I had a lot of 500 yd shots a 300 mag is the smallest thing I'd bring, but at $2 a round and lots of blast, it's a bad caliber to learn to shoot on.

I've got reloading setups for 10-15 calibers and I get a lot of satisfaction out of reloading but I buy factory ammo whenever I can. Just would rather spend the time doing other stuff--but this is absolutely a personal preference. When I find a cheap sub MOA factory load, it feels like striking a blow for freedom and democracy. A lot of the Federal Fusion loads are sub MOA out of most of my rifles. Factory ammo is damn good today--even the non premium stuff.