Mesa ?

FURMAN

WKR
I am very impressed with my 6.5CM. I have multiple loads shooting under .5moa. I just shot it at 700yds and was hanging right at .5moa with factory ammo.

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
Sweet! Factory fodder to boot. My b-in-law picked up a Nosler 48 in 26 Nosler. It seems like a Solid rifle. Does 3/4" with Nosler factory ammo @ 100 yds. For being in the same market price wise as the Mesa,I'd be inclined to try a Mesa. Not totally in love with the stock on the Nosler. Too Bell and Carlson.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet! Factory fodder to boot. My b-in-law picked up a Nosler 48 in 26 Nosler. It seems like a Solid rifle. Does 3/4" with Nosler factory ammo @ 100 yds. For being in the same market price wise as the Mesa,I'd be inclined to try a Mesa. Not totally in love with the stock on the Nosler. Too Bell and Carlson.

I'm shooting a Nosler Liberty in 28 Nosler and a Mesa in 300 Win mag right now and overall I would say I prefer the Mesa. Both have been right at MOA for me out to about 500 yards with factory ammo. I am planning to do a lot more load development for both of them but have just been really busy.

FURMAN

WKR
My Mesa did not come with a thread protector. CA told me they are backordered.

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
I'm shooting a Nosler Liberty in 28 Nosler and a Mesa in 300 Win mag right now and overall I would say I prefer the Mesa. Both have been right at MOA for me out to about 500 yards with factory ammo. I am planning to do a lot more load development for both of them but have just been really busy.

Would you say the Mesa is lighter than the Nosler? Also,what bullet/s have you tried in the 300? I have a bucket of .30 180 grainers here and some new 300 Win brass.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Did you guys get thread protectors with your mesas?

Mine came with one.

Would you say the Mesa is lighter than the Nosler? Also,what bullet/s have you tried in the 300? I have a bucket of .30 180 grainers here and some new 300 Win brass.

Yes I believe it's lighter. Can't remember the exact weight of both off the top of my head.

I've been shooting the Hornady 178 ELD-X. I think I will also try some 185 Berger Classic Hunters and possibly a Barnes in the 180 range.