Bipods

ATX762

Lil-Rokslider
Wondering what everyone runs for a bipod...I've got both Atlas and Harris on various rifles but wondering if there were some ultralight badass option I didn't know about.

Also wondering how many people hunt with bipods versus just using an improvised rest (daypack etc) to shoot off...

Thanks in advance.

I have always just run a cheapo Blackhawk bipod. I only use a bipod for antelope hunting, which is typically 2-3 days a year so it serves it's purpose. For mountain hunting I take the bipod off because I can usually find a stump, tree limb, etc to shoot off of.

dotman

WKR
I use the KDC Snipepod V2, weighs around 5oz can be stored either in a pocket or on the rifle. I really like it. I have the one that the legs go to 27" but pretty much it can be set in incremental heights of around 6" up to 27". Isn't your traditional bipod.

https://kramerdesignscorp.com/V2SnipePod.html

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Wondering what everyone runs for a bipod...I've got both Atlas and Harris on various rifles but wondering if there were some ultralight badass option I didn't know about.

Also wondering how many people hunt with bipods versus just using an improvised rest (daypack etc) to shoot off...

Thanks in advance.

Here is a review I did a while back. Bipod Shootout Review

The Javelin from Spartan Precision is still one of my favorites and I just bought my dad one for father's day.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have a harris and Atlas as well. Bot good bipods, but also heavy. I now have a Spartan Precision Equipment Javelin, which we will begin selling soon. It has blown me away. Easy on-off. Very lightweight, strong, sturdy and the option of fixed to the ability to traverse sideways. They are seriously awesome and worth every $. I am super excited to try their tripod for some PRS shooting soon.

Matt

GKPrice

Banned
Been using a couple of Champions of late, as lightweight as you'll find in the "budget" category and they work well

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
I'm absolutely loving the Modular Evolution Bipod That I won right here on Rokslide.com! Light weight, easy to use, versatile and reliable.

mtmuley

WKR
Don't use a bipod. Probly never will. Shots that may require one, I can do with my pack and an improvised rear bag. (Rolled up jacket or the like) I also have a set of shooting sticks. Just don't care for that thing hanging off my rifle. mtmuley

I've got a Harris 9-13 that I like for shooting, but it does weigh 14oz and starts to make my 'lighter weight' Tikka not feel so light. Might have to look into that Spartan!

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have Harris and Atlas, too. How does the Javelin handle heavy loading? Is it on par with Atlas and Harris? Thanks!

It doesn't load as well as the Atlas(benchmark in my opinion), but it can take a fair amount of loading. I'm going out shooting again in a day or 2. I'll snap some pics of it canted forward. And again, it is very sturdy and exceptionally lightweight.

Matt

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Don't use a bipod. Probly never will. Shots that may require one, I can do with my pack and an improvised rear bag. (Rolled up jacket or the like) I also have a set of shooting sticks. Just don't care for that thing hanging off my rifle. mtmuley

Sounds like you're the perfect candidate for a Javelin bipod. It was literally built by a guy that hates bipods....for guys that hate bipods.

It doesn't load as well as the Atlas(benchmark in my opinion), but it can take a fair amount of loading. I'm going out shooting again in a day or 2. I'll snap some pics of it canted forward. And again, it is very sturdy and exceptionally lightweight.

Matt

Much obliged, Matt!